the language of teens~
silent, sullen, stonewalling...
it's like pulling teeth
**************************************************
as Summer stealthily sneaks away
so goes its special Language
a vacation of sorts from the ordinary...
imagined in bold strokes- a cheerful colored bright font-
its many statements in capital letters punctuated by exclamation points!
only to be replaced with the Language of Fall-
an elegant, formal script ~
reminiscent of Golden Days and Harvest Moonlit Nights-
a bounty of treats to delight all of the senses...
it's "stems and roots" seeded and planted across time and place...
this Language is spoken in cadences of red, golden, and amber
the pitch and intensity swelling as the season gets underway...
the Colors of Summer brightness fade a bit
to their more refined synonyms...
crimson, bittersweet, eggplant, olive, topaz, wheat
Summer rains replaced by leaf showers at first
drifting dreamily downward...
then turning into a whirlwind of colors and shapes
kicked into high gear by the chilly autumn gusts whistling down the pike-
as the leaves scurry before they are whisked away in a leafy tornado...
the Language of Fall-
spoken for such a short time
but enjoyed and understood by so many everywhere
***************************************************
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to pack the car with all my weekend "stuff" (movies, cross stitching, books, papers to grade) and one of our dogs and head to Michigan to spend my last weekend there before we close up for the season. Saturday was chilly and rainy but I decided to go for a drive anyway. Without GPS, I just took off into the countryside and basically went where I wanted to. I love finding out of the way places and going down untraveled roads looking for picturesque or unusual things to take pictures of. I was out for about 4 hours doing this and had the best time. Here are some of the pictures I took- more to come later this week.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
14 comments:
Hi Patti ~~ The language and the language of the seasons surely are different. I think you got them right. And it is no wonder they don't appreciate each other.
..
The languages of seasons, the languages of life. I think it's so true that one season is overwhelmed by the other. The change seems gradual, and then it insists...immediately.
love your pics!!! Glad you had a good weekend. I think you will have a good weekend next one too (wink wink!!!)
Oh Patti, I am speechless...what a beautiful poem and such beautiful photos you have posted...:) I feel in love with your lines much more with your photos!
This post of yours is such a treat, I love how you describe the languages of the different seasons, each as beautiful as the others...:)
I envy you packing all the things you love in your car and off you went to enjoy such a wonderful vacay...:)
Have a great week ahead Patti!
Ah, to just go. That's the way. Great post.
Language that nature speak is so well captured here!
I love those road trip pictures!
You did it so well...Great writing..
unspoken
It's beautiful, Patti -- looks like you had a wonderful time. I love all the photos, but that one of the white house and orange pumpkins -- what color! Rick went north to close the cottage this weekend, too -- it's that time. (And I know exactly what you mean about teens. It was the greatest joy in our life when our "huh?" "Whatever?" "Why do you want to know" kid went to college and came back articulate and engaged!)
Oh, those pictures are beautiful Patti. It reminds me of driving around West Virginia. I love the picture of mums and pumpkins.
interesting!!
Oh, Patti. Your images make me feel like I got to enjoy your beautiful weekend, too. What a wonderful collection. Such beauty.
Beautifully written, great photos. The language of the seasons, sets the pace for our lives. An interesting interpretation of this prompt Patti.
Nicely written and amazing images!
Post a Comment