wafts in from outside
it's JUST a matter of time
bathed in eau de skunk
bathed in eau de skunk
Yes. We have a skunk. I have seen it and it is kind of cute. I have also smelled it (more than once) and it does not smell kind of cute. Our neighborhood ALWAYS has skunks; in fact there seems to be an odorous haze that hangs over it at times. But this one is living somewhere very close by. I have seen it as it wanders from backyard to backyard; very brazen-like at about 8:00 at night before it is even dark. Since our dogs have gotten skunked about 3 times- 2 of those last summer, we take them out in the morning and evening always on leashes, but there are lots of corners and places to hide in our backyard. I feel like the clock is ticking and we are just playing a waiting game until it happens again. I hope I am wrong. (The prompt at OSI this week is "bathing")
On the Stitching Front, I have 2 finishes that I did this week. The first is Fancey Blackett with Sunflowers. She is the September Small for my friend Laura's Year of the Smalls Blog. She needed to be done by Aug. 15 so Laura could post the pic on her blog, but she kept assuring me "no problem" if it wasn't done and not a big deal, but... I did it and finished on time. She was fun to stitch and will be a perfect fall accessory!!! The picture below that is the finished Olympic Picture of The Land That I Love. I really enjoyed working on that one as well and finished it before the Olympics were over!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!



13 comments:
interesting....love this!
Hope the problem is resolved soon.
Bravo on the on-time finishes!!!! You rock! Love both of them. Hoping no skunking activity takes place! That would be the last thing you need this week!
Keeping you close in my thoughts.
Can't wait to start "Fancy"!!! Yours looks so cool, especially since you gave her her coffee "bath"! Patti, I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow.
Linda
My chiIldhood dog got skunked.
I would like to believe that they risk this out of loyalty to their master/mistress.
You Stitchings are nice. Glad you got the Olympic one done before the the Olympics were finished.
..
Hope nothing really damaging happens. I have been living in apartment - multistory buildings and this problem will certainly be new and scary to me!
Nice haiku for O.S.I. Skunks are cute but I wouldn't want to get too close. Nicely written!
Ewww, All of my dogs have been skunked at least once. Nothing worse. UGH... I hope your dog escapes the skunks.
OMG! I so love what you've done here with words and needle and floss. You are some talented lady!
Great work Patti. Love seeing your needlework!
I hope your skunkie problem is resolved soon.
Hugs, G
Land that I love
Yes, yes, YES!!
I just wanted to pop by and wish you the happiest new year. May your 2013 be full of blessings, laughter, and happy surprises. Thank you for being a blog friend and a joyful part of my life.
I still miss you here, friend.
Post a Comment