Monday, September 12, 2011

September Mornings




september mornings bring with them
a chill where there used to be warmth
as things are beginning to turn..
light into darker
green into gold-
perseverating into living-
experiences into memories-
a bounty of those that were not meant to be...
foggy and eerily ethereal-
golden, yet bittersweet...
these secrets that dance around
the corners of my mind
belonging to only me
as i peruse
the pages of my tear -stained notebooks-
alive with these secrets...
feeling like they belong to someone else
but they don't-
these secrets are mine to keep...
locked in my heart and soul
not only just on these september mornings,
but for always...

****************************************************************

This week's prompt at OSI is "notebook." Please visit and see how others interpreted this prompt.


September is in full swing- one of my favorite months! It brings such a promise of autumn and all of its riches! The darkness is returning, the mornings are cool- the light takes on a more golden hue tinting the wildflowers more brilliant shades of purples and amber. In the mornings, there is often ground fog- which swirls around the world enveloping it in silence and mist and the night is illuminated by the Harvest Moon, as it is as we speak. Here are some glimpses into my September Mornings.



































































12 comments:

beth said...

i love everything fall too and posted a little ditty about it today also :)

The Write Girl said...

Beautiful September reflections and photos. I enjoyed your poem on the notebook as well. A very nice post!

Harshad Mehta said...

Oh, I understand this feelings Patti.

Beautiful pictures reveals soft heart.

Relyn Lawson said...

I am so very grateful for the chill we've been having. What a joy it brings to me. Thunder storms this morning and somehow, that makes me happy, too. I hope your year is going well, my friend. I've been thinking of you.

teresa said...

Patti ~ I love your sentiments ~ I enjoy this time of year too ~ what would we do without our changing seasons!

Amity said...

I was transported to a beautiful September winter chill...how I wish there is winter in our country...:)

An added bonus are the photos you have attached!

A nice notebook is surely a dear friend to us where we can scribble all those feelings!!!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

So happy that I know you Patti. You have such beautiful thoughts!
Linda

Anonymous said...

lovely!!

Jim said...

And yet somehow we savor those 'bitterweeet ... secrets' that belong only to me.
This brings memories, Patti. :)
..
Your September Morning picures are nice. I hope you get to see deer often enough to plan on.
..

mlu said...

Your photos are amazing! I love the fogginess of the early morning.....

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

lovely reindeer shots.
enjoyed your beautiful verse.

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

seasons change, our mood shift.

good luck..

welcome share your poetry talent with us this week.

we are open until Thursday, 8pm.