In the last 2 weeks, I have been doing a bit of traveling, so OSI's prompt of "need" is quite appropriate. I "needed" this vacation- I "needed" to spend time with my family- I "needed" to see the East Coast" and I "NEED" to go back there again! One of our stops on the East Coast was Salem, MA. I wanted to see it for the "supernatural historic lore." Although parts of the town were very touristy- other parts, I felt were "alive" with history. Looking at the buildings, and the architecture, and dates and hearing the history of the town and the people who lived and died there was fascinating- to say the least. Here is my haiku for the prompt "need"
Souls floating though time...
wanting to be remembered~
stories needing to be told...
14 comments:
Great pictures. A break is certainly an important need.
Every stone has a story to tell, if we care to listen.
Excellent pictures and haiku.
Every moment lived becomes a story,to remember....
Nice Haiku and lovely pictures!
great pics!!!! Can you believe they actually have headstones like the ones in some of our x-stitch charts!!!! Did you freak out?? So glad you had the trip that you "needed!" Can't wait to hear stories in person.
thanks for sharing those needs Patti!!
Your haiku is eerie and spooky. A perfect fit for Salem, MA. Thanks for sharing.
so true, convincing shots.
What a visit to the town.. enjoyed each photograph.. well taken.. and well done Patti..good to know that you enjoyed your vacation..
Patti,
Your pictures truly capture the "true spirit" of Salem. Enjoyed seeing them. Now I can't wait to see you!
LC
Amazing images!
So fun to look through the photos and vicariously enjoy your vacation. Thank you!
What a wonderful time you must have had. I love all the pictures you took. They are great. There is so much history in that part of the country. I wish I could visit every state in the union. I've made it to 27 of them so far! Glad you got to go.
I love your poem and your pictures Patti. It seems like you're having a great summer. I am enjoying mine also. I have two weeks left. I tried to post on Linda Crowe's Blog and was having the same problems you have with mine.
I hear you on those needs. Thanks for this visit to New England. I have been so far from there and so determined to stay far from there that I forgot (gulp) that it is home and I love it. Thank you for a much needed reminder.
Post a Comment