Over at One Single Impression, the prompt this week, courtessy of Jim, is "crater." Here is my haiku :
fight for our freedom
left holes in land and in hearts
the end was our choice
***********************************************************************************
the loss of your life
has left a hole in so many
never to be filled....
~ this is dedicated to my friend and colleague, who tragically lost his life life a few weeks ago- he will be greatly missed!
*********************************************************************************
June 28, was Tau Day. What’s a tau? The value of tau is twice the value of pi, or 6.28, so OSI had a Tau Ku contest to write a 3 line poem with the syllables being 6-2-8. I ended up not entering the contest due to lateness but I made up one anyway. Here is my Tau Ku:
Independence won
freedom
but what was the price paid for it?
Happy 4th of July to all of you in the States!! Hope you have a wonderful day (and week)
12 comments:
love it,
simple and beautiful.
Very powerful and moving word. Sorry for your loss.
Melanie
Hi Patti ~~ I also am real sorry for the loss of your friend. I know there is a void in many places now in your life.
We are sooooo fragile here on this earth. Mrs. Jim's cousin's son died by suicice last week. He was only 14. She also lost a brother in WWII.
On a more cheerful note. I like your patriotic haiu poems and also the Tau-ku. They make their point very well.
..
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
(Wishing you a lovely 4th.)
Nice post Patti ~ hope your 4th was delightful
This is indeed very well done Patti.. good haiku.. and indeed sorry for your loss..but then that's how it is.. take care..
Your fourth photos are fabulous! I hope you enjoyed your Holiday. I am
sorry you lost a good friend. Your poems are really beautiful. Thank you for sharing your lovely voice. Sending you blessings Patti.
I might like these last 2 posts more than anything else u have ever done
Your haiku and tau hit their marks. I am sorry for your loss.
I am sorry for your loss, too. And I wonder about the price of freedom as well as the battles we fight that are not about freedom but something else. Your post has me thinking. Thanks.
I am sorry for your loss. This is a beautifully written post and tribute.
Hugs, G
love your Haiku.
you may check out
The Purple Tree House : http://purpletreehouse.blogspot.com/
have fun!
Post a Comment