Sunday, August 21, 2011

Colliding Passions = Obsession?

the fabric of my time
is woven

with all kinds of passions
that I count on
to challenge and calm

the fiber of my being~
I often get needled about these passions-
that sometimes

cross the line into obsessions...
but these passions
are stitched into my heart
and their benefits
are not (knot) to be questioned
as they help chart the design of my life

This week's prompt at OSI is "obsession"- something I know all about! Two of my "sions" (either passions and or obsessions) are cross stitch and all things autumn. Below are some of the works in progress I am currently working on and some of the charts that I have recently purchased- most of which are "kitted up" and ready to go with fabric and fibers - and in the Cross Stitch world kitted up counts (pun intended)!!! I am so very lucky to have a stitching group that all share my "sions" with and get excited over patterns and fabric and fibers- such fun!!!



Just a few more finishing touches and Quaker Boo will be finished!!!



My Candy Corn Witch needs her head and the tip and she will be done!





I just started on this Acorn Sampler and am using the color Indian Summer









I started this design yesterday- not photograph worthy- all that's done is the door. But I have high hopes....








I apologize that some of the pictures are blurrier than I would like




















































I just LOVE the names of some of the fibers....they scream Halloween and Fall!!! And the colors....ahhh!!!






16 comments:

Geraldine said...

Your work is soooo pretty! I've done a few of these over the years but it was always a LONG process for me, never got quick with this kind of needle. I appreciate the detail though.

And Autumn, well there's a passion we share.

Hugs my dear, G

My Obsession post is at:

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

teresa said...

Patti ~ it is a good obsession ~ well both of them are ~ and you have a nice collection of fall patterns.

beth said...

you are laura are two peas in a pod with your cross stitching addictions.....xoxo

SandyCarlson said...

Your work is gorgeous. I love the way you throw yourself into this work.

Laura said...

Well as you can imagine I am screaming with excitement over here to see all your great projects and stash!!!! Love EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Can't wait until next Saturday!!!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I LOVE everything you're doing!!!!! Congratulations on some wonderful finishes!!! Can't wait to see them in person.
Linda

Shauna said...

And you know, this is so true.
Our passions turn into to
marvelous obsessions - kind of
define us. I know I adore writing
poetry, and crocheting.

Your stitching is beautifully
done, this lovely word should
be an obsession.

Nanka said...

Marvelous work and such interesting patterns!! Nice passion to be obsessed with and it generates so much creativity!! Enjoyed every sampler posted here!!

My Post - Return to Sea

BrendaS said...

Great patterns you have chosen and stitched. Fall is my favorite time of the year too:))

Jim said...

Hi Patti ~~ I love your needlework. It makes me wish that someone in my family were doing work of this sort.

I liked your transition from passions-that sometimes
cross the line into obsessions...
as very smooth and very appropriate for our prompt word subject matter.
..

Anonymous said...

Fabulous play on words it left me in stitches!

Anonymous said...

"the design of my life" ...wonderful Patti!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your scions are wonderful.

miss pie said...

a wonderful obsession!1

Ragamuffin Gal said...

So very lovely ~ all from the poem to the stitching!
Blessings dear friend!

Karin said...

Love the collection Patti!! Isn't it great to have such a positive obsession? LOL See you soon!