Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dreams



You're "living the Dream" they say
"Really?" she thinks....
SHE dreams of running away
just getting into her car
and driving ~
wherever she deigns to go
following the path of her heart- her soul being the Guide
Wanderlust?
She's got it bad-
the Gypsy in her soul has had her bags packed and ready to go long before now!)
Maybe a little Cottage on the beach~
or a Cabin in the woods...
with only the sound of the surf
or the babble of the birds
to lull her to sleep and rouse her in the morning
wind whispering through the trees- her only audience...
Where she can wile away the hours
doing the Things she does best-
and listening to her heart and her soul
whisper
about the things she doesn't want to face (from the Now and Then)
Until her Thoughts and Fears and Joys and Sorrows
are calmed and reconciled and she becomes centered again
finally replaced with the Dreams (Reality?) of what she has Now-
Solitary in her Solace-for awhile-
until she finds Herself
or They find her
and bring her Home
because she is an Adult and has Responsibilities...
but it is so sweet to Dream,
isn't it...?

This week's prompt at OSI is "Dreams"- something I never seem to be in short supply of. Please check out the other poems for this prompt. Have a wonderful week!!!













8 comments:

teresa said...

Patti ~ great post ~ it's great to take time for dreams

Teri said...

Your dream is like a meditation!! Dream on! I enjoyed this a lot.

Anonymous said...

so human...enjoy reading!!

Geraldine said...

Oh soooo true, we've all been there. I really enjoyed this!

Laura said...

Love this post!!! I am in total agreement....when do we go?

Jim said...

Patti, I am thinking that every one of us will like this. Don't we all think (dream?) of running away?

I either run away or think about doing it most every birthay I have had now since LXIV (Will you still love me, will you still want me, when I'm old and LXIV...).

When I was young and lived in El Paso I would run away on my Vespa motor scooter quite regularly on weekends. Most times I would travel along the Rio Grande. Sometimes do the hills on the Mexico side.
Just riding and dreaming!
..

Keke said...

Patti,
It's been too long dear friend but what an appropriate post to pop in on...three months I have been MIA and did exactly what your dream said...I've moved off the map to a little cottage in the woods and have literally been doing what you wrote...I hope to start blogging again soon... I'm having a pesky little posting problem...just thinking of you...trying to catch up and join the world again...I'm so glad you've traveled and had some well deserved time....I hope your summer has been happy... xoxo Keke

PremI said...

Taking time out...
A journey through the inner space only to be back again to face the outer world.
A dream(reality?)every one of us would love to... and need to...