The perfect storm
of feelings and emotions
tore through my entire being
leaving devastation in its wake...
and the silence of the aftermath
is more heart wrenching
than the cacophony of this storm.
waiting patiently in this silence
for the connection
that I know is still there-
to be restored once more
**********************************************************
you're dared to reach out-
your silence is deafening...
what're you afraid of?
***********************************************************
only in the silence
i am who i need to be
not who i should be
********************************************************
in the stillness between Now and Soon
I find myself reveling in the silence
as it wraps around me
hushed in the secrets of this time
pearls of moments
strung together-
each one escaping into the past...
before the explosion of sound and energy
there is only the quiet of Now
letting me know I can handle this.
This is the way it should be
always...
in the stillness.
8 comments:
"in the stillness between Now and Soon"....interesting....beautiful words..!
I like those moments between here and now... and yes it can be deafening too.
Nice to meet you~
Silence in each verse. I love last two.
'there is only the quiet of Now
letting me know I can handle this.'
You must be a deep meditator.
I've been MIA for a bit....kids back to school and I'm back to working P/T. Some days I feel a bit disconnected, but enjoy it too!
I hope you're having a wonderful summer!
And as always...your words are beautiful!
Denise
This is truly beautiful Patti. I love the last couple of lines most of all, brought everything together so well. You have a gift.
Hi Patti ~~ I can see that one can enjoy silence for silence sake and also for relief from turmoil.
I love how you delved into that small time period of stillness between Now and Soon.
And it will not last. That idea reminded of the Beatles song, "Come and Get It:"
If you want it, here it is
Come and get it
But you better hurry 'cause it's going fast
If you want it, here it is
Come and get it
Make your mind up fast
If you want it anytime I can give it
But you'd better hurry 'cause it may not last ...
..
I'm sitting this week out. Quite a bit of pain and just didn't feel like writing OSI. Or much else either.
..
Guess what....you get the goodies! Would you mind contacting me - email.
Thanks Patti!
Denise
Beautiful, Patti, to be sure. I like each take on this prompt. The second one drives the nail home.
Good luck tomorrow! (We go back later in the week. Poor us!)
Post a Comment