Ah- November- that wonderful sigh between Halloween and Christmas...the time for me to catch my breath before all the craziness of the holidays are upon us! I love this time of year- the deep bittersweets, and goldens, russets, and scarlets. The sights and smells of late Autumn are ours to drink in and tantalize the senses; cinnamon, spices, bonfires, burning leaves, pumpkins, apples, cornstalks, crows...The temperatures rise and fall from chilly and misty to downright Indian Summerish. from sweaters to boots to jackets to hoodies- November is a potpourri of fashion options- sometimes all the aforementioned can be worn in a single day!
I feel November is highly underrated. Stores and radio stations advertise and start hawking Christmas merchandise and push it all in our faces. To me, November is a delicious secret that is not being shared and passed around. It's a great month to throw open the windows and doors on those Indian Summer evenings, light some candles and just be...To get started in a new craft or hunker down with an old craft as the days grow shorter...A time to crunch through the leaves and watch as the winds make them spin and twirl... Sit with a good book, a worn blanket and a favorite warm beverage and cozy it up!...November is my time to reflect, and revel in all that late Autumn holds.
I feel November is highly underrated. Stores and radio stations advertise and start hawking Christmas merchandise and push it all in our faces. To me, November is a delicious secret that is not being shared and passed around. It's a great month to throw open the windows and doors on those Indian Summer evenings, light some candles and just be...To get started in a new craft or hunker down with an old craft as the days grow shorter...A time to crunch through the leaves and watch as the winds make them spin and twirl... Sit with a good book, a worn blanket and a favorite warm beverage and cozy it up!...November is my time to reflect, and revel in all that late Autumn holds.
5 comments:
I hope it's a sweet month for you Patti. You're right, it is underrated. Lovely post!
You said it beautifully and now I have a whole new appreciation for November!!!! Thanks!
If you get a chance, read the poem: My November Guest, by Robert Frost. You'll like that one too!
www.myreallifereviews.com
I'm not bonding with November so well as you, but you give me great food for thought and new appreciation, too! "Try it, you'll like it"
I couldn't agree with you more! Love your pictures! Now I'm going to go throw open some windows!!!!
Linda
Post a Comment