lost within my tattered memories
time is not my enemy here
for I have nothing but time...
allowing myself the luxury of
remembering, re-living, (re-inventing?)
what really happened
and why
things happened the way they did
(or the way I allowed them to?)
or the way they were meant to be .
some may call me a fool for that part of my life...
I prefer to think of it as a personal paradise...
it's all a matter of perspective,
isn't it?
The poem was written for the prompt "Fool's Paradise" over at OSI. It was inspired by a few books that I have read recently and a post on Facebook referencing someone sifting through her memories because they are all she has left in life.
13 comments:
Nice post patti.
That perspective is vital.
I like this verse, Patti, especially the line "or the way I allowed them to."
Doesn't that hint at a truth, that so much of our daily events are really within our own power to change, with our own thoughts, actions and perspective. We do have choices to influence them. Thanks for sharing this.
Indeed we have to define our paradises.. God Bless!!!
Exerythings all a matter of perspective, I think; I have yet to find an absolute.
Yes, Patti, it is just a matter of perspective but no, it is written in the sky...that things happen because they're meant to be...:)
Reading u after a long time...visit my fool's paradise, t'will make you smile dear!
Hi Patti ~~ Your wonderful poem intrigues me, making me think. My fave lines are "a personal paradise" because I've been there and enjoyed every minute. The circumstances which led me there were the bad "things (that) happened the way they did," so bad, so bad.
..
I'm not participating in OSI this week. I forgot to put my computer in the car when we left the BIL's place. This is Mrs. Jim's and I don't mess with her Google sign-in.
..
I know the feeling, have walked the road! Welld one.
HOw beautiful and so very evocative. I have enjoyed my own personal paradise and it is indeed, divine.
tattered memories is a powerful line.
I miss you around here, my friend.
Christmas day has flown past, but I had to stop a moment and wish you all the joys of the season. May you be blessed and know it each day. Love you! ~ Relyn
Sad but good reminders for all of us. Happy New Year to you Patti
PS: Can you help our Mr. Cheddar win a contest:
http://www.takeahappybreak.com/2011/12/mr-cheddar-needs-your-votes.html
your Facebook vote/like can help the Ched win a gorgeous gift basket! Thanks for your support.
Geraldine
so true!
Post a Comment