Wednesday, November 9, 2011

V is for Vignettes

I love being walking into a store and being surrounded by Eye Candy in the form of little vignettes. It makes shopping and browsing so much more interesting- even if all the "pieces" aren't for sale. I tend to be drawn to those kind of stores and then am so happy if I happen to have my camera. This happened on Saturday when my friend Mary and I took a road trip up to Spring Green, WI to the store Country Sampler. What a treat for the eyes that was! It is a cross stitch/quilt/primitives store. So much to look at....from the fabrics, to the framed samplers to the quilts, to the seasonal displays- it was overwhelming and TOTALLY worth all the hype my stitching friends gave it! In another Life I would love to be a set designer for the movies or tv- I get so much pleasure thinking of all the details that make up a setting and all the little vignettes!


























13 comments:

Jeanne said...

How lovely is everything you share.
Thanks for coming to visit.
Love and blessings

Jeanne

Jenny said...

I have to agree! Beautiful scenes! I adore that cross stitch sampler!!! Have been thinking of you as it's been swap time...did you swap this year?

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing these! Would love to go there sometime. Beautiful blog.

CathyR said...

Patti, this shop has been on my list of places I want to visit. Thanks for the sneak peek!

beth said...

it's the best store, no ?
i've been in there often with my mother who truly believes that's what heaven looks like :)

i'm so sorry we didn't connect....BUT next time we will and maybe laura will be with you :)

Keeper of the Crowes said...

How did you manage to get out of the shop without spending a year's salary??? Or did you??
Linda

Joanne said...

What an absolute gem of a shop that is! I'm glad you had your camera with you. Not too long ago, I did the same thing. I walked into a beautiful antique shop and snapped away with my camera. Sometimes a location just demands to be photographed :)

Laura said...

Can you imagine it decorated for Christmas????? Someday we will have to take a road trip to see that!!! So glad you got there!!!

SandyCarlson said...

These are gorgeous. I see what you mean!

Ranae said...

I still have to make it to Country stitches, someday. I want to go to Witches Stitches too, have you been there?
I will be at the Inspired needle on Sunday, see you then

Jeanie said...

I love vignettes, too, and I think you nailed some perfect ones. If I went to that store -- oh, dear. It would be big trouble!

JUST ME said...

tons of GREAT pics Patti... you make me want to go shopping, but I am getting ready to go to work...

Beautiful pics....

Polka Dot Moon said...

Me too! Drawn in like a moth to a flame, then I lose track of time....Lovely shop!

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Denise