Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vital

Vital




This week's prompt at One Single Impression is "vital." As I go into my busiest time of year doing all my tedious special ed reports and meetings, I find myself craving creativity breaks; these are vital to me, especially at home. In the last week I have discovered Pinterest and Polyvore- both time suckers to the max, BUT both are full of creativity! On Pinterest, I have pinned many different images and ideas for school (and have already used a few). I love the different forms that creativity takes and the way people interpret them. Polyvore is so much fun; can't believe I have not heard about it before I literally "stumbled across it" today- it is perfect for me to do my "collagey" types of things- mixing thoughts and color and images... but without the mess of all the art products (which I know is half the fun, right?). Mike is thrilled because both of these new-found hobbies of mine take up no space and have not cost us a cent (I was planning on buying the Cake Pop Maker anyway )- it's a win-win right there for him!
Hopefully your week is full of the things that are vital to you...Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Laura said...

don't know about polyvore...you will have to tell me about that one.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Great outlets, Patti. I can really sympathize with you and the stress that IEP meeting bring. I'm sure all will go well.
Linda

Geraldine said...

It's so true Patti, creativity is what truly keeps us vital and progressing in life. I've had a very creative time since the beginning of the year. My novel is almost complete, I'm back to knitting up a storm, and some smaller projects too. You've done well with this prompt. I totally agree.

Mr. Linky isn't working. My post is at:

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

BFN and Hugs, G

teresa said...

We sure love our creative outlets (or escapes)!

Harshad Mehta said...

Creative breaks are great source of energy to carry on with routine of life. Wonderful take on the prompt.

Jim said...

Hi Patti ~~ A very nice post on what is vital for you yourself as you work with those kids.

I am glad you are finding new and interesting tools for your trade. Oh yes, special ed is a lot more than a trade, isn't it! Mrs. Jim was in special ed, MSW social worker and counselor, for all but three years of her career (25 total) plus interships and the like before she came to Texas.

I had you figured for a week of secret pals fun. That aspect was so surprising to me as I came over to the classroom from aerospace. I had to make my own tests also, like running the memeograph (cranked) machine after personally typing up my masters. The secretaries did all of that for me at NASA.

Best wishes now for you on the downhill slope (remember that) of your school year.
..

Jeanie said...

I've been craving my creativity breaks, too. Did all that power-creating, then we hit the road, returned and Gypsy got sick, work taking its toll... I finally cleaned up the art room yesterday, so I'll be able to start something new. Now, what will it be?!

Relyn Lawson said...

Uh oh. I am off to check out polyvore. Will I thank you, I wonder?

PremI said...

Vital as air...
What an expression to Creativity!
Being busy, exploring with the interesting 'new's full of creativity... for the little ones, is just wonderful!

Relyn Lawson said...

I miss you, friend. Come baaaackkkk...... Please?

Relyn Lawson said...

I miss you, friend.

Geraldine said...

Hope you are doing well patti. you've been missed. maybe you'll come back to OSI one of these days, I hope so.

Hugs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com