"The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure. "~Francoise de Motteville
Today I am posting pictures of my work space. I am a firm believer that the quality of one's day at work (regardless of what one's job is) is related to one's work surroundings (even if it's home). Being a teacher, I am fortunate to have a room of my own to decorate (!). Since I am the one who is in here all day long and the students come in and out, I have decorated it to reflect my likes and dislikes as well as my personality. I love the holidays so my room always reflects that; including the baskets and twinkle lights! Does it resemble a craft store at times? Pehaps but I feel that it makes my space homier and cozy- at least to me. This is my second year in this room and aside from it being across from the office and the never-ending air conditioning issues, I love the light and space and newness! Having nice surroundings to work in makes it pleasurable to go to work and spend the day and be somewhat productive. It also helps if you like who you work with (I do!) and enjoy what you do (I do!).
What is your work space like?
"Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun. "
~Colleen C. Barrett:
1 comment:
I love that you posted this. We are on the same wavelength. I've been working on a post about my classroom. I have completely fallen in love with it. I loved getting to see yours! I think the homey touches and glimpses of you mean more to your students than you think they do.
Post a Comment