
my World has been off kilter lately~
something is different
and I can't quite put
my finger on it~
or if I do know
I'm just not
ready to
acknowledge
admit
or accept it.
instead,
every day
the Mask of Normalcy
gets put on
in the hopes that
if I wear it enough
I will grow used to it again
and things will go
back to the way
they are supposed to
and expected to be.
and if perhaps the Mask
would slip off just a little~
I hope no one
gets a quick peek
of the pure longing
for what is not mine to have
As always...Have a wonderful week~~~
and the absolute vulnerablilty
that lies underneath.
The prompt for OSI this week is "masks" Please visit the site and see others' interpretation of this prompt.
As always...Have a wonderful week~~~
22 comments:
wow....you took what feel like my words today right out of my mouth....and wrote them beautifully and perfectly....
That is beautiful writing; although I don't want you to feel that way. I hope all works out well and if you want, I am always here to talk!
So many feel this way, I'm sure.
I relate..
rosy mask
Your words ring true...we often try to wear a mask of normalcy. I enjoyed reading your poem.
Hiin Patti, seems I've been there in the year of my divorce. I holed up and mostly burried myself in but when I did come out (had to work) I tried to hide any feelings I might be having. I didn't want sympathy or help.
..
Hi Patti,
Wonderful poem. I have just posted on my blog. I wiped out my favorite places a couple of weeks ago and reentered a few, yours and Laura's of course. I don't know how I did that. I hope to see you on Tuesday. Have a happy and wonderful week.
I know of what you speak. In a way, I'm where you are at too. Well done, I really enjoyed reading this work.
beautiful ... thank you for sharing.
Again Patti another beautiful poem that I swear is every bit of what I am going through. I could never write that though as if my husband found out how I felt it would probably end the relationship. SO for now and always I will wear my make of normalicy.
Angelica
Patti
Thanks for all of your help this week. I really hope that someday you will publish all of your work. I talk about you so often with my students, share your work with them and refer to you in my night class "as the writer who someday will publish"~
Mlu aka "Crutches"
Ahhhh.....I can totally relate! Well said once again.
Hope you're having a great week. Wednesdays are always fun for me :)
Oh, I don't like to have off kilter weeks! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I feel very tender towards your rosy baby soft skin, just under a thin layer...
Thank you for this, dear Patti
I really liked this poem. The longing underneath seems to be the undercurrent of life... you had insight to write truth about it.
such a vulnerable and intimate poem.
You give voice to the way I have been feeling. This is beautiful. Thanks.
Again you speak for so many of us, amazing to me how the human condition connects so many hearts...
XOXO
Hope all is well,
Keke
You know, you let your friends have a brief peak behind the mask and look at how they all respond. We all love you, Patti, my dear. You know that, don't you?
How can we bury that longing? You took my breath away with this one.
My Lord! You must have been reading my mind!
Wow, your writing has such depth and it touches me deeply. I had some of those feelings last year as I was working my way through a bad series of depression and it almost makes me cry. But, I'm on the other side now and doing really well.
Please keep writing and sharing - it's all good (even when it feels bad)
Post a Comment