Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Know, I Know!!!


Cognizance is the prompt at OSI this week and I "know" you will want to stop over there and read the other poems for this prompt! Here is my first haiku:

just seeing your name
cognizant of the rush of
old thoughts and feelings



My second haiku was inspired by my recent roadtrip to Galena, IL where every spot holds a veritable surprise. Standing on the street and looking up, I saw this snowman in the window (see above picture):

watching from inside
he's cognizant spring has sprung
outside certain death

Below are some Easter scenes around my house. Hope you have a lovely day~~~~






17 comments:

Aayushi Mehta said...

Lovely work!

Carlos Gesmundo said...

Enjoyed your post! happy Easter.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Patti ~
Love your haikus and I adore the little glimpse into your Easter world too! have a fabulous Easter!
Blessings,
~k

CathyR said...

Loved the haikus, particularly the one about the poor snowman. Cute decorations. Did you make the sequinned eggs?

Have a Blessed Easter!
Cathy

Rinkly Rimes said...

The coming of Spring must be painful for Old Man Snow! But you write of him touchingly.

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for sharing the joy!

Happy Easter!

Mlu said...

Your house looks so inviting....Happy Eastter to you, Mike and Molly! Enjoy the day~

Mlu said...

P.S. EASTER :-)

Laura said...

Most excellent haikus!!!!

Mojo said...

The first one nailed me right between the eyes. Love it.

Sandra.if said...

lovely views and words...!

Amity said...

Wow Patti;

Lovely pics around your house in celebration of easter and nice haikus to welcome spring!

And I love your new template...very beautiful, a making of a colorful cottage!

Rita said...

Looks like you had a good Easter. I hope so!

Tumblewords: said...

Wow! What a wonderful post! The photos are superb, your haiku spot on and the narrative just perfect. Love it.

Jim said...

Hi Patti, these are wonderful. I am sure you know there is a fairly new haiku group, Haiku Bones. A lot of the OSI group are doing it. Beth and Burt (Kite Horse blog) Miller started it.

You might like to try some of their prompts, these were great. Mine is the first post, then the OSI, then one for Acrostic Only.

Thank you for showing us some of your Easter preps. You seemed all ready. How many of the eggs did the dog get? Adi and Katrin here get part of the yolks from mine.
..
..

Jon Lee said...

I love this post. I have decided to get back into the blog world. I enjoyed seeing you at Inspired Needle.

JUST ME said...

PATTI,

i HOPE yOU hAD A wONDERfUL eASTER.

sUN IS oUT tODaY. eNjOY yOUR wEEkEND

mY fRIENd.

lOVE, aNgELIcA