Monday, April 26, 2010

Cracked Open!


The window to my soul
has been opened a crack.
Is it to let you in
or to let me out?
Is this a good thing?
Only in time
will that all be revealed...
But the more
I learn and feel
the bigger the crack becomes
and the more my soul
lies exposed.
How long before
this window
completely shatters
into jagged shards
hurting anyone
who
offers to clean it up?


The prompt at OSI this week is " fissures." Please stop by and read the awesome poetry posted! Have a wonderful week~~~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Open has twice as many options as 'closed'...

Broken glass, notwithstanding.

Well said, Patti.

Tammy Brierly said...

Very good, the shattering part can be taped with love.

Joanne said...

Maybe it's a little bit of both, a little give and take? And that someone is offering to clean it up speaks volumes.

Tumblewords: said...

Excellent use of the prompt. Your words are so thoughtful and surely full of the questions we have in life.

gabrielle said...

I like this very much. I want to be cracked open this way, but slowly. To paraphrase Leonard Cohen, that's how the light gets in.

Amity said...

Hi Patti;

So true! Life seems so full of fissures...that we either could survive or learn from it!

I love this way you wrote it!

Vinay Leo R. said...

powerful, the first two lines esp.. well said..!

beth said...

i'm not sure where you are or what's going on, but with your words, i'm sending you a hug !

Geraldine said...

I like what Titanium has to say, so true. Beautifully expressed.

Hugs, G

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Keke said...

Patti, reading this reminded me of Sabrina Ward Harrison, don't ask me why, she just popped into my head and I had to share her with you. A few yrs ago I bought baby girl one of her books, it's titled; 'Spilling Open: The Art of Becoming Yourself". You can find her books here.... http://www.sabrinawardharrison.com/ee/index.php/sabstudio/collect/
The funny thing was; Sabrina's a young woman, artist, poet, writer...which is why I bought the book for baby girl, but I found myself relating and longing just the same. The irony is the timelessness of the experience of being a woman or maybe just being human...I hope you are well...
XO Keke

SandyCarlson said...

I went through a phase when I hurt everyone who tried to clean up. But the opening--and the loving--is the main thing.

Relyn Lawson said...

Boy, OSI is like a terrific vocabulary word list. I love the word fissure, too.