a little good news
can send me over the top
where I'd like to stay
This week's prompt at OSI is "top"...please check out other poems with that prompt. My "good news" is that my daughter decided that she is going to her Prom. This is huge in our world- she is very shy, but she decided that she wanted to go, so she set out to find a date and she did! Of course there is a soccer game (semi finals or something equally ridiculously important) scheduled for the morning after...of course, but we will cross that bridge when it gets closer. But I am just thrilled that she is going and am looking forward to helping her get ready for this fun event!
11 comments:
Congratulations. That's great news. I really hope she cherishes the night. This news will certainly send you to the top! Too sweet :)
That is fun news! I am over the top for and with you.
Have fun shopping! My daughter and I were out and about browsing the stores last weekend, and we can tell you every shape and style of dress is available. (Makes me laugh when I remember the Gunne Sax days!)
Beautiful haiku...
I hope your daughter enjoys... :)
Oh what fun you will have shopping for her dress! Have a good time together!
We all wait for such delicious moments... all the best.. May God bless..
YAY!!! I know she'll be beautiful. And have a great time.
Patti,
I'm so happy for you...I so miss those days...darn it! I should have had more kids! *wink...you'd think I'd be over empty nest by now wouldn't you? Actually, I am over it, I just want the fun stuff like this....(and shopping! yummo) I hope you and your baby girl have a blast!!
P.S. I so hope you see this within the next 12 days, I'm having a huge give away to help my niece with a scholarship...I'd so love it if you got in on it!
I hope this finds you well!
XO Keke
Hey Patti, I hate to burst your bubble but there is a rule saying "what goes up must come down."
We mustn't break that rule and really we can't even if we try.
That said, I love it. :)
..
Good for her. How exciting for you!!! Hope she has a wonderful time! Looking forward to lots of pictures!!!
Linda C.
oh so happy for you... we are so connected to our children.. when they are happy and shining with life so are we as parents... look forward to seeing a posting of those prom pix
Love that! I remember shopping for a dress with my mother and I know that your daughter is so lucky to have wonderful you! We all are my dear!
Lovely poetry as always word Meister.
~ Blessings, Katie
Post a Comment