Sunday, February 13, 2011

Moonstruck (OSI)


your incandescence~
still glowing bright in my mind
long after you've gone....


This week's prompt at OSI is "incandescent." I thought these pictures of the gorgeous full winter moon we had last month went perfectly with the haiku (along with some thoughts of some people who have recently left my life). Have a wonderful week and as always- thank you for the comments- always appreciated!

15 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

yes the photos are lovely.
your poem makes me love connections like that. Lovely.

Anonymous said...

You take my breath away.. this was so beautiful! And the photos add to the experience in a fantastic way.

Anonymous said...

The image and the words go great together.

irene said...

Beautiful words invoking memory.

Laura said...

Beautiful words. I am using them to form some good memories.

Joanne said...

The moon is beautiful, so mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing your view ...

SandyCarlson said...

I have been there; I am there. I say, "Yes." And then I say,"Dammit." And it is good. Thanks for this post.

anthonynorth said...

It is indeed. Great words for the pics.

Ramesh Sood said...

I agree Patti... miles apart..we thought of Incandescent Moon.. I liked the pictures and the way you have created... wow!

gautami tripathy said...

Great work!


demise

The Write Girl said...

What a wonderful haiku. It sets the perfect mood for your moon photos. They are quite lovely.

Jim said...

Wonderful, Patti! A nice double meaning here. I still think of that moon; it was a special one they say.
No comment about one person gone from my life, others, "yes." :)
..
BTW, I'm on the road and not posting this week. Next week still on the road but I made write.
..

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics!!!!

eyeography said...

Splendid...
very well thought...love it :)

Relyn Lawson said...

marvelous post. wonderful images - so dreamy. and your poem. Oh - I hope you share them with your students.