The prompt this week at
OSI is "humility;" please stop by and see how others interpreted this prompt. When thinking about my poem for this week, the Blizzard of 2011 came to mind. Wild weather doesn't even begin to describe it- 24 + inches or so of snow later, including "thunder snow" and below 0 temps as well as 2 Snow Days- this storm will be one to remember!
we're humbled and awed
when Mother Nature's unleashed
can be jaw dropping



The morning after....
14 comments:
Beautiful Pics!!!!! The power of nature is surely amazing!
Indeed Patti.. who can question nauture.. Pictures are amazing.. for someone like me..don't know such a show of white snow.. Wow!! Well written haiku, there!!
Hope you will make it to my 200th post through the chill and bless it..
She is all-powerful. Great pics.
Your photos just show that each season has its own distinct, and breathtaking beauty.
And wow, what a great sledding hill :)
Beautiful pics.
Patti, is it not true that beauty is revealed to ones who are humble?
Ones who are stiff just pass it?
Hi Patti. I love your pictures. Wasn't the snow magical and refreshing. I needed my vacation from school as well. Let me know when you are going to stitch at Inspired Needle the next time. I miss talking to you. I will try to make it to stitching.
For Texas, we've had a lot of snow this year with more to come day aftr tomorrow, but nothing like what you got! Wow!!! I enjoyed seeing the pictures!
She sure has knocked us for six. And it is humbling--especially on these lovely warm days when she takes so much of it somewhere else.
You look like you are living in a wonderful place! I love a good storm and they do bring our place in the universe into perspective. Stay warm Patti!
What a perfect example of humility. Mother Naure certainly leaves us at her mercy. These are terrific photos also. I love the sun dipping into the snow. Nicely written.
Wonderful memories of the 2011 Blizzard!! We can pull these up in July when we are complaining about the 2011 Heatwave!
Such wonderful pictures your captured. Number three and that church both made me gasp.
isn't it fun to watch it all melt now ?
I am in awe...I have never been to place where it snows...
Thanks for sharing the pics...and the haiku is very good :)
Post a Comment