Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Exhibition















random musings "rock...."

a dreamer's exhibition

painted for the World's eyes...


















Last weekend for Mother's Day, we went up to Evanston (IL) to visit family. While they went on a house walk through some of the mansions, Mike and I rode our bikes along the lake shore and through the Northwestern University campus. My nephew said to make sure to stop and look at the painted rocks along the lake. I had no idea what he was referring to until I saw it all- quite amazing!





12 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

And the world loves it... beautiful..

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Personally, I like my rocks colored like God made them. A little polish on the really pretty or precious ones may help their value.

Do you think that possibly the paint is removable? Disappearing paint here would be nice.
..
You needed one 'wet blanket.'
Your haiku is a fine one! I like the painters as 'dreamers'. The term fits most of their writings.
..

anthonynorth said...

This reminds me of certain walls in many cities which are designated as official graffiti areas. They are quite beautiful, and help to keep the rest clear of it. There are a great many excellent artists in that world.

Harshad Mehta said...

Dreamer's exhibition. indeed.

Anonymous said...

everybody wants to show...nice shots and words!

beth said...

that's my kind of graffiti !!!

The Write Girl said...

Love your images and words. Stunning!

gabrielle said...

these detours are the best, aren't they?

Geraldine said...

A great way to interpret this week's osi prompt, I could come up with nada! Sounds like a good day you had too.

SandyCarlson said...

Oh, oh, oh, yeah. Wow.

Relyn Lawson said...

It's been so long since I've been around the blog block. First, I couldn't get my comments to take anywhere. Then, it was end of the school year rush. Anyway. I wanted to wish you a happy, happy summer and tell you I've missed you. Are you guys out yet? We've already started summer school. I just CAN NOT believe I am working it this year. What am I thinking???