especially ensconced in the folds of the Night
as the sky rains stars
and Quiet envelopes me~
my mind wanders
(wonders?)
into the Danger Zone
of Whatifs
and Whys...
the place where secret wishes,
rambling thoughts,
hurt, denials and truths
are kept locked up
nice and tight-
like my feelings...
except for
when my mind
starts to wonder
(wander?)
Below are some pictures of a store that Mike and I meandered into one recent rainy Saturday afternoon. The display was so welcoming especially because of the awful gloom outside!



16 comments:
Yes, we have to take care where our thoughts can ramble too. I like what you've done with this prompt.
Happy Sunday, G
interesting....and nice ideas!
Hey Patti ~~ Just be careful where your mind wanders off to. It might be to the wonder of all wonders.
My MIL used to say hers would come and go and never got back in time.
..
I like the store you visited. You didn't show anything that I would buy though.
..
I like your rambling poem - that's my sort of thinking.
What exactly was the shop selling?
Oh those darn whatifs and whys, interrupting sleep like that! I like that shop though, it's so charming. What a nice way to shake off the whatif wonderings, taking a stroll through that shop :)
I love your poem and can relate.
The store images are so whimsical--what fun.
I liked it Patti.. beautiful... thoughts ramble..but do they make the impact..
http://rameshsood.blogspot.com/2011/05/incoherent-words.html
I love to browse in a store like this and see what goodies lie in wait! Glad you got to visit! Have a really good week!
hurt, denials and secret wishes...
can't remain locked up for long.
Great to peep within and witness them wander.
Hmm.. yes once in a while our rambling thoughts go where things are locked up. I have also written about rambling thoughts, but of a different nature :)
true words.
paper could not hold fire.
let it burn.
cheers.
bless you.
Rambling can take us back and forth through time, and it doesn't always feel good.
Is that your garden in your header? Gosh, it's amazing!
Beautiful poem and wandering ~ Wishing you many sunshiny days to come ~ blessings, Katie
I would have gone crazy in this store!
I love this kind of stuff; perhaps because I'm a bird lover... and I like anything that is used or old.
I like your post. I'm glad I found you!
Joey from Texas
"The Whatifs.... the Whys??? You could have posted this yesterday as we all pondered the whatifs.......why????
My thoughts and constant prayers are with Kelly.
Post a Comment