Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the Border

The prompt this week at OSI is "border"- here is my offering~





on the border between
Here and There
things are finally
starting to change-
a welcome change
after all this time...
to blossom and bloom~
a re-birth of sorts...


warmth and light-
visual sights
of re-growth
in many different ways and places
temptation to the senses everywhere~
heavily anticipated
and eagerly waited for
and not a moment too soon!
Re-growth indeed!



The pictures for this post were taken this morning on the bike trail on my ride. After SO many soggy, cold days it was such a welcome relief to be out in the sunshine once again. The woods were a plethora of new growth and buzzing with activity as they come back to life once again.

17 comments:

Joanne said...

We've just crossed over the border into Spring here in New England too. Tulips are blooming, and I saw early lilacs today, on a beautifully warm afternoon. Happy Spring, finally!

Laura said...

It seems that always when we need it most...rebirth happens!

Jim said...

Patti, I do hope your pretty header garden will take hold in your lovely "border between
Here and There
.

Glad you could do some biking. My sister rode hers all winter. She left Center Point/Cedar Rapids in the fall and is now in Western Colorado. Her bike is inside and stationary but she enjoys her rides. :)
..

Maggie said...

The borders shown here between Winter and Spring are delightful

anthonynorth said...

Great words and pics. Spring is definitely here where I am, too.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

the beauty of life circles.
well penned.

:)

Anonymous said...

those borders are full of promises!

The Write Girl said...

I welcome growth and change especially in the seasons. That trail looks quite welcoming. Nicely written.

Unknown said...

What a lovely view of seasonal change. I lie this a lto!
Here is Mine:
http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/05/02/the-other-side/

Geraldine said...

A post to celebrate re-awakenings, love it! Well done Patti, I'm glad I stopped in.

SandyCarlson said...

Your writing gives me heart and fills me with hope.

Harshad Mehta said...

Regrowth.. inspiring post. Thank you.

PremI said...

Welcome to Spring so beautiful,as your poem.
Lovely...

beth said...

this spring just hasn't been nice or even normal has it....i'm ready now for a full summer....spring is just too fickle of a partner for me !!

Anonymous said...

I love that line, 'on the border between here and there'
Such a beautiful poem.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Wonderful poem and the pictures fit perfectly ~ what a lovely bike ride you had Patti! Blessings ~ *

JUST ME said...

Patti,,

great pics you know how much I love Nature.....

Happy Mothers Day to you my friend.

Angie Torrez