The prompt at OSI this week is "love"
how can
i
love another
when i
don't
even love
myself?
how did this
get so complicated
confusing?
i just want
peace, love, and
understanding
of myself
and
then
i
can love
you
(if you are still there)
how can
i
love another
when i
don't
even love
myself?
how did this
get so complicated
confusing?
i just want
peace, love, and
understanding
of myself
and
then
i
can love
you
(if you are still there)
14 comments:
It all starts with our own hearts, doesn't it? That peace within allows so much.
Have a great week, Patti :)
This is so true and sad at the same time.
I send along a big hug, G
I can relate to this...so deep and reflective. First, we have to love ourselves. Nicely written.
How true. We have to start with ourselves first, before we can even begin to love someone else.
Nicely penned.
It is so true that we can't love others if we can't learn to love ourselves. This was wonderful!
beautiful...wise and true Patti...!
It sound so cliche, but it's true. We DO need to love ourselves to love others.
Excellently expressed.
I know this feeling. I think it is why I love summer.
You pose some poignant questions...
I am learning how to love myself now as well, but it's going to take a lot of counseling still....
love and hugs,
angie
I have known this confusion!
So true!
Hey Patti, this is good! Just a lot of people love themselves to much they are all 'puffed up'.
I hope your poet's guy is 'still there' when she figures it out.
Lots of others don't even know how to love themselves. I hope your poet can figure it out. I never did so I do what comes naturally. What you see it what you get.
..
Sorry to be a week late. I just about dropped off the earth mid-week. I might be here for a bit again now. We will see.
..
I was just thinking of you today, and I wanted to come by and tell you so.
Post a Comment