Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beach Chair Reflections

I'm proud of myself for not being so angry
that summer has taken a little longer to come~
finally acknowledging
that I can lay around
all season long
doing a whole lot of nothing~
dallying to my every whim and desire...
lusting after more and more of those
picture perfect sunshiny days-
wanting to savor each one
hoping they will last forever
and still wanting more...
with the complete knowledge-
as I recline in my beach chair,
soaking up the sun
pondering my profound thoughts...
that I am envied as
the rest of my world
is hard at work

The prompt this week at OSI is the Seven Sins. According to Wikipedia they are: envy, pride, lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, and wrath; all of which I believe I experience on a daily basis during the Summer.



14 comments:

Laura said...

Perfect poetry!!! Love it!!! It reminds me of summers in the 1970's......endless days of bliss!

Jon Lee said...

I love your poem and your picture. That's a funny reference to the Seven Sins. I am a little on the lazy side this summer, so I guess that's sloth.

Rita said...

ooooh, I'd love to be out there in those chairs with you enjoying the lazy summer day!

Amity said...

That can never be a sin Patti, in fact I want to indulge that way too...guilty pleasures? Nope...it is a way of sending away stress and a bad hair day!

Lovely poem Patti! :)

teresa said...

Patti ~ sounds like the perfect wa to spend your summer ~ love the picture!

Joanne said...

Sounds like a perfect summer, spent the way it's meant to be spent. I agree with Laura about the 70s summers ... they seemed more low key than summers now. I think I'll pull up a chair here with you for awhile and enjoy the day :)

Geraldine said...

I like where you've taken this prompt! Excellent. And yes, summer is taking a LOOOOONG time to arrive it seems. I like rain but this is ridiculous, just got soaked on a walk home, again!

Hugs to you patti. I've got a contest coming up on July 2nd, at Happy Break, hope you'll stop by, enter and spread the word too!

BFN, G

Jim said...

Patti, I can be proud of you for not being so angry but you aren't supposed to be. Mrs. Jim and I are still laughing over that part! :) LOL!!!!!! XD

You did really good in writing about every one of those seven.
They are supposed to be 'deadly' sins but I don't believe in that 'deadly' part. Just as I don't believe lying if not with malous or hurting someone is not as sin. A little more study might convince me otherwise.
..

Jim said...

BTW, that is what retirement is supposed to be like. But unless a person goes to assisted living it takes all the time you have just to endure all the situations that come up.

So enjoy summers while you can! :)
..

Cassiopeia Rises said...

Very nice. You managed to use all of the seven sins. Well done...

Me;anie

beth said...

you're so sweet....i'm still kind of pissed at mother nature that she was so slow this year :)

love love love your time away doing nothing....we all need more of that !!
xo

Unknown said...

Well, it ain't bad to be a bit relaxed every once in a while right?

Anonymous said...

Your poem is beautiful and it perfectly captures my ideal summer days.

SandyCarlson said...

You make me think of teacher-guilt--a passing malady these days. Let the world work. Our day comes. Beautiful poem.