Friday, June 17, 2011

Playing Catch-up!

I REALLY REALLY apologize for not being around in the last few weeks. Between the end of the school year chaos and summer starting off on a rocky start, blogging has been at the bottom of my list. In the next week, I plan on catching up with the Blogworld- I have really missed it! And as always- I REALLY REALLY appreciate all of your comments! See you SOON!!!

Here are a few of the things that have occupied my world as of late besides seeing concerts by Sugarland and the Beach Boys WITH JOHN STAMOS (!!!!!)

From The Cross Stitch World:

A project I am planning to start- it is already "kitted"- although the pattern is "Yellow Bird", the fiber called for is really brown- go figure!



My Cross Stitch Group's Spring Project (Spring Pin Tuck)- that I have started but ran out of floss for (booooo)- and THEY have already moved on the the Summer Project- I can't keep up!!!




My "Yearly" Bunny that seems to take a year to complete- I am getting there...




This Quaker Moments patterns that I am attempting in Bluegrass silk- very pretty




The Blackbird Designs pattern I am doing as a stitch along with my friend Teresa (she is farther) but I should be done with this when we get together on Tues. night).
My Brother-in-law's garden in Evanston during a recent family party




The "whatevers" (gargoyles?) on the top of the Chicago Public Library- very cool!


Printer's Row Lit Fest in Chicago- I picked up a Nancy Drew book and a 1939 Needlecraft magazine




A real Flash Mob!!!













Our last trip to Michigan- a bench in St Joseph- kind of sums it up!



Painted barnyard animals throughout St. Joe's this year (every year it is something else)





Molly's high school soccer banquet- not only was she honored as the only Junior Captain on her team but she won MVP and ALL Conference!!! We are very proud of her!






And finally...Prom!!!!




6 comments:

Jon Lee said...

Patti,

I'm glad you're back blogging. I really enjoy your posts. Your daughter is so pretty. You must be so proud. I love your cross stitch bunny, Aunt Sarah's Garden. I know I have that pattern. I didn't realize it was so pretty. All of your projects are lovely. I may try to make it on Tuesday night. I have been stitching and hope to finish Becky and Max by Monday night. I can never keep up with my stitching friends either. I have so many things I want to do.

Joanne said...

Wow, a whole latte good things going on over here ... I especially like the concerts. I saw The Beach Boys a few years ago, what a fun concert it was :)

Karin said...

Great reading your catch up Patti! Of course we catched up in person already and I have seen your beautiful stitching! See you Tuesday?

Laura said...

GREAT PICS!!!! Molly looks gorgeous! Glad you are coming on Tuesday!! Can you bring the 1939 magazine for show and tell??

Anonymous said...

Love the blogging. So glad you are back (I read this one and todays) and I look forward to your pics and poems. you can hear the joy in your voice in this:-)

teresa said...

Hey Patti ~ great pix ~ thanks for sharing ~ Can't wait to stitch tonight (and see you)