Thursday, November 26, 2009

BE THANKFUL
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those
who are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.
~~Author Unknown.~~

On this Thanksgiving Day, my wish for all is to look around and see all the beautiful blessings that are a part of your lives at the moment. There is so much to be truly grateful for- among those blessing- I count YOU!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!




11 comments:

beth said...

thank you for the inspiring quote....

happy thanksgiving patti to you and your family....

Mlu said...

The "Be Thankful" was a great way to start my Thanksgiving Day! My girls read it too and want a copy. Hope you, M and M have a wonderful day today...I am very thankful to call you my friend...
Mlu

Geraldine said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Patti. It's already been and gone here in Canada but the US date is always another good reminder of all we should be thankful for. You've expressed this so well. Hugs, G

Ragamuffin Gal said...

This is so what I needed to read today ~ I am thankful for you Patti! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I'm equally thankful for you. Where would I be without our friendship!

Relyn Lawson said...

Wise, wise, wise. And timely. And wonderful. Thanksgiving Day is over, so Happy Black Friday. Are you shopping? No way am I getting out in that horror. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Patti, despite of all I try to be thankful every day, you are right, for the good and the not very good things. But we must learn by changelling ourselves. I hope you may spend a lovely and serene weekend with your family and friends. I wish I could be with you. Your web site is absolutely amazing and full of you and your dedication. LOVE Roberta

Anonymous said...

Thank You for Sharing this one, it beautifully said how to be positive, come what may.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Rita said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was a lovely one with lots of good things to eat and family and friends to enjoy!

JUST ME said...

Hope you had a wonderful Turkey day Patti.....

Blessings to you and yours always....

SandyCarlson said...

That's a beautiful poem. God bless. I am grateful for you.