Wednesday, November 4, 2009

An Award!!!




Recently, I was honored by Denise over at Polka Dot Moon when she nominated me for an award! Please check out her awesome blog and etsy shops, as she is a talented jewelry maker and papercrafter. Thanks Denise for this award!


Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated

Here are the 7 things people may not know about me... ( I found this to be really hard as through my poetry and posts, I share a lot...)

1. I am really shy! It is really hard for me to be in a large group of people- even those that I know. I get really quiet and at times almost seem to withdraw. I hate it but that's been my pattern my whole life , as well as self esteem issues.

2. I would love to live in a small rural community. Something about a small town where everyone knows each other just really appeals to me. That has always been a dream for me, but I really don't see that happening any time soon as I do not plan to retire in the near future (probably ever-ugh!). Oh well- Chicago suburbia for me for the time being...

3. I am a huge Donny Osmond fan (since I was like 8 years old). I have talked to him on the phone (during a Chicago PBS telethon), met him in person (at a meet and greet in Indianapolis) and have seen him in concert more times than I can count and remember, as well as seen him in Joseph (when he was in Chicago) 3 times- including opening night, and on his birthday. Yea Baby!!!

4. The one time I "caused" an accident was when I rear ended a police car. Talk about one of those awful moments when you know what's going to happen and you can't stop it. Not one of my better moments (and it really wasn't ALL my fault... on a hill, black ice and I couldn't stop in time). Since Molly is in Driver's Ed at the moment, this story is pretty timely, I would say.

5. I have horrible feet issues- so bad that the podiatrist gathered every employee in his office to look at my x-rays because they probably would never see a case like this again (lovely). These issues have caused me to fire off a nasty e-mail to Oprah after one of her shows about people who wear nice clothes and then "Schlumpadinka shoes"- which is me because I can't wear the cute shoes I want to because of the incredible pain involved, so I always have to choose comfort over fashion- ugh!

6. I am fascinated by the supernatural. Yup I am. I am even attending a seance this Sat. night with 12 of my closest friends. It should be interesting and yes, a little scary. But I love the feeling that this life is not all there is...so many possibilities...

7. I am addicted to flavored creamers (with a little coffee thrown in for good measure). I just started drinking coffee about 2 years ago and totally have gotten into mixing the flavors of the coffee with the creamers and can't imagine how I could have lived without them all. My current favorite is Trader Joe's Gingerbread coffee with fat free Vanilla Caramel creamer. Delicious!

So that's 7 things you probably didn't know- ok it wasn't as hard as it seemed and I could probably add some more but the rules only say 7, so maybe I will re-nominate myself at a later date and tell some more (haha).
I never know who likes the awards, so I am extending this award to any of YOU who would like to participate- so consider yourselves all Officially Nominated; ALL of you are deserving of this award in my book!



11 comments:

beth said...

I'm a flavored creamer lover,too !!!

and the only accident I have been in was when a police car ran into me !!!...really hard with lots of damage !!!

Joanne said...

Congrats on the Award, a lovely honor to receive! Enjoyed reading about you. We were once hit by a police car, too. The officer actually dozed off at the wheel! I'm sorry to read about your shoe issue ... I've been seeing more and more "comfort" shoes given a stylin' look these days, and with the return of straight leg pants, the flats are all the rage too :)

Michelle said...

Congrats, Patti! Loved the one where you rear-ended a police car. Oh my! Oh and I am SO a flavored creamer addict also!! :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

awsome..

JUST ME said...

Patti,

I agree with Michelle rear ended a police car....did I handle that claim. Just Kidding...

You have a great week and let me know how the outing went with your girlfriends.....was it scary?

Laura said...

I loved reading these bits of information about you! I too dream of moving to a small town, had a big crush on Donny when I was a pre-teen, and have feet issues.

Have a great week Patti! I wish we were stitching tomorrow; but I will see you a week from Tuesday!

Quiet Paths said...

This was really interesting to learn a little bit more about you. I find it fascinating that we introverts often feel like there is something amiss with us in that we do not like large groups of people. I spent years trying to change that about myself but once I truly understood it's NOT a character flaw I felt more at ease when I did have to be in a group.

Keke said...

Patti,
Love that you were nominated, well deserved, loved that you shared 7 things! So interesting, I too am shy in large groups, and I married a man who is extremely opposite which ends up drawing attention to me and questions I can't answer..
"how do you live with him?" mmmm...I'll take stage right on the other wall!!!LOL
XO, Your swappy friend,
The wall flower ;)

Relyn Lawson said...

I really loved learning all these things about you. It made me happy. I'm sorry to admit it, but I am STILL laughing at your accident story. YIKES! Those kinds of things always seem to happen to me. As to living in a small town, mine is. Won't you come? The house next door is for sale. It really is. Oh, wouldn't that be fun?

Anonymous said...

i agree you deserve the nomination. I miss having my own computer because on it, your updates would just pop up and this way, when I remember (the story of my life), I read a bunch at once. Anyways...congrats on the award! Yippee you deserve it as always. I love reading the 7 things. Some I knew - some I didn't. Love getting to know my friends better. xoxo

chrom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.