Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eyes Wide Open

Insomnia...a word I have begun to know quite a bit lately for various reasons, is the prompt at OSI this week. Please visit and see how other talented individuals interpreted this prompt.


the minutes tick by
thinking about what you did
interrupted sleep

you have made your bed
now you have to lie in it
how've YOU been sleeping?

***************************************

A Note From Mother Nature

already awake
waiting for all to join in
seasonal re-birth

******************************
I noticed in a recent post I was dis-ing the weather in Illinois and said that knowing IL, it would probably rain in the next week and sure enough...yes it did...followed by buckets of heavy, wet, frosting-like snow and super frigid temps;with more snow predicted for tomorrow and the weekend. The first picture below was taken on Sunday- a week after I made my comment about it "raining next week" and by the end of the afternoon it was raining and changing into snow. This is what the rest of the week is looking like.
I know in many places, the weather has a hint of spring, and I'm not bitter, but at this time of year it would be a welcome sight to see some sun, and a touch of green here and there and temps above 32 degrees. But...I am used to this- it is typical and winter is NOT over- we have had snow days in March and snow in April. So, if you are lucky enough to be in a place where the weather is cooperating, enjoy it for us Midwesterners, PLEASE!






9 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh I think southern New England is in the direct path of your weather ... steady rain today, buckets of it predicted tomorrow, then changing to ice and snow Friday! Winter's holding on, but it can't be for long now :)

Rita said...

The snow is oh so beautiful if you don't get much of it. Here in east Texas, we don't. This is the first time it has snowed in several years. It's been cold and rainy, but not snowy. So we were excited to see it. It did not last long, but it was beautiful for a couple of days. We then got another day of it, but it did not stick, as it had been in the 60's here. Hope the insomnia goes away!

beth said...

I'm getting whiney....and having private talks with mother nature....I hope she likes me enough to listen at least a little bit to my begging....

Jim said...

I like your third picture, not counting the magnificent duck one, best. We had snow Tuesday evening. I may post my picture (other blog) soon.

First set by a bitter lover, it is so familiar for my situation a few years back. I might could have counted sobs to put me to sleep? No, too miserable.
The second single fits your duck picture so good! It's really nice.
..
Do you think about entering a haiku poem for Haiku Bones? I have been writing for each OSI and HB since the latter started.
..

Cindy said...

I am so ready for this IL winter to be over!! I have had to clean the snow off of my car in the morning three days in a row. I'm amazed how a forecast of flurries can result in my having to pick up a shovel. It sounds like we are in the clear for a couple of days at least now :)

Tumblewords: said...

Nice work! I like all the haiku and your photos are superb! I'm ready for spring, too!

Quiet Paths said...

I really liked the haiku - eyes wide open is perfect for the prompt. Such revealing pictures of your weather too. We don't have any snow right now.

Polka Dot Moon said...

WOW! Not sure after being in AZ for so long that I could handle the weather where you live, but it sure looks so pretty!

Have a lovely weekend!
Denise

Relyn Lawson said...

Those two poems are both SO thought provoking. Man! Now I have to go off and check my conscious. Seriously, they were powerful, my friend.