In the last 10 months or so I have re-newed my love of cross stitching mostly due to my friendship with Laura (
Maude and Mozart). She introduced my to the "art" of the bi-monthly Stitch In at our Local Needle Shop,
Inspired Needle in Lemont. I look so forward to those nights and the silliness, great conversation, stunning pieces of works in progress and really enjoy spending time with all the ladies who come. Cathy, the owner, is so welcoming, and it is such a cozy evening, which has now turned into a one Sunday afternoon a month as well. Last Sunday was our day to stitch and we did, but Cathy was at Market (insert squeal of delight here) in Nashville picking up all the newly released goodies for her shop. She had an Open House at the shop yesterday starting at 3:00. Laura and Karin and I kept sending messages to each other via the computer about how many hours left till we could be there (Laura started it). I got out of school at 3:00 and raced into Lemont to the store. It was comical- most of the ladies we stitch with were already there and a few more came in as we were there as well. Like kids in a candy store, it didn't matter if things were new or not- oohs and ahhs were all over the place. It's just so fun to find others who share your passion and "understand..."
Below are the couple of things I picked out yesterday and can't wait to get started on!

I started this little rabbit on Sunday afternoon and finished it Monday night during the Olympics. I guess I can consider this as my Olympic Project.
This is my Miss Snow Flurry Fairy and she is so cute! I am almost done- she needs a stocking and some berries to finish her off.
I picked this up at the shop on Sunday and with Jayne's help changed up the colors a little. I am anxious to get going on her.
This ginormous snowman was spotted in Lemont on my way to the shop, but I didn't stop to photograph him until on my way home. He was HUGE!!!!
Last night's twilight and sunset...stunning!
Have a wonderful weekend!
11 comments:
Hi Patti,
It was sooo much fun yesterday and yes we were like kids in a candy store :-)) You got some great new stash and congratulations on the finish!!!
Have a nice weekend!!
This post and photos are beautiful Patti! And the artful patterns will be made into gorgeous creations by your creative hands. Many weekend blessings to you too dear! XXO
I needlepointed a couple Christmas ornaments years and years ago, and they are so my favorite ornaments. I haven't stitched since then, but looking at your photos, they make me want to find a project. You better get busy, Patti, and have that leprechaun done for St. Patty's Day :)
HI PATTI,
PASSED BY TO SAY HELLO AND LOOK AT THAT COOL SNOWMAN.....
YOU GO GIRL!
A FEW YEARS BACK I TOOK A CLASS AND ALSO KIND OF TAUGHT MYSELF TO CROSS STITCH I WILL HAVE TO FIND WHAT I MADE AND POST SO THAT YOU CAN SEE.
PEACE TO YOU MY FRIEND.... I HOPE TOMORROW SUNDAY IS A SUNNY DAY.
OH, it reminds me of the book Friday Night Knitting Club. Only better. Lucky you. Lucky Laura.
Patti, I have always loved cross stitch. Not many do it anymore. Glad you are! Have fun!
By the way, I love your new header!
Great post!!!! It really captures the essence of our day. Your rabbit is great! Love that thread!! Love Miss Snow Fairy too. I am rethinking not getting that Snow Garden...so gorgeous! I started the new BBD bird and am loving it. Will bring it tomorrow. I love stitching with you!!!!! So glad we can do it! Here's to many more years of it!
These are great. I love the big guy, and I love that last shot!
Patti, it is the highlight of my week when you all come to stitch! Wish we could have a stitch night every night. Now wouldn't that be fun?!! I love "Ah, 'Tis Spring". Looking forward to seeing your progress on the little bunny!
I love all the things you bought. I won't be seeing you tonight because I am going out to dinner with some friends. I hope to see you in two weeks.
Jon Lee
Post a Comment