Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Single



This week's prompt at OSI is "single" Here are a couple of haiku that I came up with for the prompt.

just a single word
takes one and makes it two
"will you marry me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a single comment
can influence a whole life
the power of words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

distrust, greed, deceit
singlehandedly can turn
families upside down


Below are some pictures from this past weekend's Turnabout festivities. A great, fun, activity- filled weekend (with almost NO sleep on the part of the teenagers) was had by all!








Molly and her date (and fellow soccer player/co-ed teammate) Zach











My friend Cathy from Inspired Needle is having a wonderful Winter Giveaway over at her blog. She has a beautiful wintry design from the awesome company Blackbird Designs. Click here and find out how YOU can be the recipient of this prize.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!

15 comments:

Jon Lee said...

Patti,

Your daughter is beautiful. I love reading your poetry. I hope I see you at Inspired Needle Tuesday night.

SandyCarlson said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for these. All are so good. I can relate to the third one. My little family was turned on its head by deceit.

Jim said...

Patti, I know you aren't talking about blogger friend comments. :)
A single comment can ruin a nice weekend too! Or ruin a good thing.

I'm betting that word is 'yes.'
..

Jim said...

I like those old Valentines. Good for you supporting the kids. :)
..

WritingsForLife said...

aww.... I love your first haiku :-)

So beautiful :-)

Tammie Lee said...

just a single word can make a world of difference. I enjoyed each of your poems~

hope said...

Patti, I loved first one most.. lovely take.. :)

anupama said...

Dear Patti,
NAMASTE!
Good Evening!HAPPY PROMISE DAY!If you have promises to keep,please go ahead!
lovley photos and nice wordings.
Wishing you a cool night,
Sasneham,
Anu

Keke said...

Patti,

Oh how true, the power of a single word. Your daughter is beautiful... Oh how I miss the hustle bustle of babies in the house! Love the vintage valentines...hope you are better than well...
XO Keke

Sandra.if said...

ah ah...yes...that single little word...:)

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific Valentine cards - memorable! Darling daters! Each of your haiku speak so well to the prompt.

zoya gautam said...

terrific ..

Mlu said...

Molly and Zach make such a cute couple! She looks darling....beautiful actually... getting so OLD and grown up! Cherish the moments together...time is flying!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Hey, you. I am so, so far behind on my blog visiting. But, here it is nearly Valentine's Day and I had to stop by and wish you a great one. A wish from me:

On this day, may you know, really know how much you are loved. May you recognize love in all it's forms. May you be grateful for the love of children and pets, old friendships and your husband. May your heart swell with all the beauty this life brings. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.


Hey, my word verification is outiest. I love that. As in, do you have the outiest bellybutton, or do I?

Vinay Leo R. said...

doubly delightful this prompt! :)

thanks Patti.