One a recent visit over at Katie's, it was her birthday and she was hosting a giveaway and...I won THE cutest Easter tag, which she sent out in the last week. Katie was my swap partner last year for one of the swaps that I did and I absolutely ADORE everything she does. Her kind of art is something I wish I could do- she is amazing at what she creates! I received the Easter tag, and she sent a package of other surprises as well- which I can not wait to use in my art...even the mailer is cute!!! To see more of Katie's talent, please visit here.
About a week and a half ago, I received my Tussie Mussie swap package from Lyneen from the Art For All Seasons site! What a box of goodies THAT was!!!! It was as if Lyneen could read my mind with what she sent. Her Tussie Mussie was gorgeous and dripping with pearls and lace. She also sent some books, little tins filled with buttons, and tons of vintage ephemera to use in crafting, as well as a really cool dish and tin. Lyneen, THANK YOU so very much for everything; your time, talent, and creativity!!!
To find out a bit of Tussie Mussie history, please click here







I was also so very fortunate enough to be able to go and hear my FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER at the Frankfort Library the other night with a group of some of my favorite people as well. Elizabeth Berg was "in the house" and talking about her new book The Last Time I Saw You (which is about different characters' perspectives on facing their 40th high school reunion). She read from the book and talked about her inspiration and reaffirmed why it is that I LOVE her books so very much. I am about halfway through and will definitely be done by this weekend, but she did not disappoint and I am loving it (the topic is rather timely for me as well).
click here to see more about her book or order it!

I was also so very fortunate enough to be able to go and hear my FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER at the Frankfort Library the other night with a group of some of my favorite people as well. Elizabeth Berg was "in the house" and talking about her new book The Last Time I Saw You (which is about different characters' perspectives on facing their 40th high school reunion). She read from the book and talked about her inspiration and reaffirmed why it is that I LOVE her books so very much. I am about halfway through and will definitely be done by this weekend, but she did not disappoint and I am loving it (the topic is rather timely for me as well).
Speaking of writing, my Friend Relyn asked me to be a guest blogger on her site for this past April. How cool is that? Thank you so much Relyn for giving me that awesome and amazing opportunity!
Finally...one of the most amazing photographers, Susan Tuttle, has her new book out and is offering a new on-line class. If you are not familiar with Susan's work, please visit here for photos and poetry that will make your heart totally melt into a big puddle. Susan also has a contest going to win a free copy of her new book- click here to enter!
Finally...one of the most amazing photographers, Susan Tuttle, has her new book out and is offering a new on-line class. If you are not familiar with Susan's work, please visit here for photos and poetry that will make your heart totally melt into a big puddle. Susan also has a contest going to win a free copy of her new book- click here to enter!
click here to see more about her book or order it!Off to spend a somewhat lazy (for me) kind of weekend reading and hopefully creating in some form or another. Happy May Day!!! How will YOU spend your first weekend of May?
10 comments:
Painting...as usual for me these days! But I am not complaining, as I could have no arms or no legs to be able to do it. One of these days, I'm going to finish painting everything around here. Sounds like you have had a really good week. It is so good when good things happen, isn't it? Hope next week is just as good.
How nice to have heard Elizabeth Berg, I'll bet it was a fun time! I love her books, too. Her latest is on my To-read list. This weekend I'm doing the clothes swap, putting away the winter, out with the summer. Happy May Day to you too!
Your blog gets even more delightful each time I visit it Patti! This post is brimming with your creativity and master of word craftmanship! I need to reserve that book today from our library! And thanks for the link to the other book ~ I have been looking for a good one of digital art!
Thanks for your kind and generous words of me. I love it so much when my dear friends win my give aways.
You are a blessing and inspiration to me!!! And I am off to an Art Festival this afternoon and then pizza and watching Avatar tonight with friends.
whhhhhaaaaat ?
a new e. berg book ?.....off to barnes i go !
and ummm, i think you meant may for relyn's blog, unless she's planning something already for next year :)
Yes!!! You deserve all of that goodness!! So glad to hear about all of the happy occurrences of late!!!! May Tuesday night keep the ball rolling!
I don't think my mailbox would know what to do if it actually had the awesome mail you received!! Bills, tons of junk mail and an occasional bug live there!! Lucky girl :)
Have a delightful week and fun creating with you new goodies!
my bad....i thought the relyn thing was present tense in that she is asking you to be guest post....
Hi Patti,
What a wonderful entry. I didn't know Elizabeth Berg was at the Frankfort library. I would have liked to have heard her. I hope you will be at Inspired Needle Tuesday. I plan to go. I want to stitch the beautiful Ah, Tis Spring that you are working on. I think I finally have my blog up and working and have re-entered the favorite places that somehow got wiped out. I love your writing and your music.
thanks for including me in your post... I hope you enjoy all your goodness... I enjoyed the Tussie Mussie swap. I have the one you sent me hanging in my studio. Have a wonderful May!
Oh, you lucky duck. Katie is a wonder, isn't she? You should see my Christmas present. You have had a raft of blessings descend haven't you? I am so glad! I am eager to read Elizabeth's new book. Though, I am sure I will never treasure it as much as her last one. ;^) And, sweet friend, thank you for guesting. You were wonderful!
Post a Comment