Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Obvious!



In the last week, I have travelled and spent a few days in places about 650 miles apart- Springfield, IL and Door County, WI; both with groups of girlfriends. Although the Springfield trip was somewhat school related, we still managed to talk and laugh for hours and have some fun. The Door County trip was a girlfriend long weekend and was filled with meaningless nonsense, lots of shopping and gorgeous scenery. It was wonderful to spend time with some friends who know me best. Both trips were literally back to back with less than 12 hours between to re-pack and get on the road. They were a great distraction to the sadness and anxiety I have been feeling lately, and they gave me hope that these feelings do not have to be a part of my life permanently! Time and distance really DO make a difference!
With this in mind, here is my haiku for the One Single Impression's prompt "overt"

overt signs show me
it is time to move forward
and re-claim my life













20 comments:

Joanne said...

Sounds like you took a couple wonderful trips. I'll bet that the "meaningless nonsense" of the girlfriend trip actually holds much deep meaning, the kind of memories you'll cherish always :)

beth said...

you just can't beat time spent with the girls !

Rita said...

Sometimes when we change in our lives, it brings such discomfort. So I think these trips were probably just what you needed, time with girlfriends! There's nothing else like it. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

SandyCarlson said...

So with you on that! Beautiful.

Tammie Lee said...

such a powerful insight, I am glad it is yours and wish that you are inspired to continue taking step after step with your feelings.

Ramesh Sood said...

Oh, please keep moving ahead and reclaim happiness.. it's all yours in waiting..

Jim said...

I love your picture. It goes nicely with your OSI on overt.
Patti, you can come sit on our porch also if you want to come down to Texas.
..
Your haiku/senryƫ fits my life perfectly. It was a long, long time ago but I holed up in a little apartment on a busy street and wanted to sit and visit on NO ONE'S porch.
..

anthonynorth said...

Sounds like you've been busy, busy, busy.
And a great insight.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Lovely words ~ great photos ~ beautiful words. So glad you got to go and make memories with your friends ~ Summer Blessings dear friend!

Anonymous said...

good message in those three lines :)

Julie Jordan Scott said...

BRAVA! Reclaim it!!

(Aren't trips with girlfriends restorative?!)

My Overt Poem may be read here.

Tumblewords: said...

How wonderful to get away for a bit - gives new perspective on the mundane/ordinary. Good luck!

Geraldine said...

You've captured the spirit of change, beautifully Patti. May the road lead you to happiness and serenity. Great work with the prompt.

Kathie Brown said...

I would never complain about road trips! I love to see the world. Of course, everywhere I go I am counting birds! Nice Haiku. I hope you can make it real. Thanks for you visit to my Poet Tree blog. That last photo is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are off to a good start. Bet you had a great time, too.

Jon Lee said...

It sounds like you really had a good time. I went to Wisconsin last week-end for a long week-end with friends. We went about two hours past Milwaukee. I haven't seen you for a while. I'm not sure when I'll be back stitching at Inspired Needle.

Amity said...

you just had a wonderful time Patti where everyone like me wish to have spent too with good friends...

yes, i love the message of your haiku and yes, i love the positivity in you...and we should cultivate that attitude in us always, right!

loved it Patti!

Jeeves said...

Reclaim life....Thats a beautiful poem

Anonymous said...

love this one too...And I love the word overt

Relyn Lawson said...

I am SO upset that we were so close and didn't connect. I really, really would have loved that.

Are you guys thinking of taking a big trip to the museum?