Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Twilight Wish (Angels- OSI)




Before Night draws
his curtains closed on the Day,
As the first star appears
upon the Twilight horizon...
a Lonely, Wayward, Traveling Soul
pauses Life for just an instant
and gazes longingly upwards
sending out a wish, a dream, a hope,
a prayer really...
sending it soaring into
the deep melding of purples and pinks...
out on the wings
of the Evensong
from the depths of the Soul
where the Dreams reside-
sending it out with such
fervent intent and might
across the vast distance
of space and time
hoping that Somebody,
a Special Angel perhaps,
is up there and will notice
and is looking for a wish, a dream,
a hope, a prayer to grant~
that maybe,
just maybe
this wish, or dream, or prayer
really could come true.


This week's OSI prompt is "Angels." Please visit the site and see how others interpreted this prompt.



The Angel below is from the Kellie Rae Roberts collection of inspiration. I fell in love with her and her message ( which is hard to read-sorry) in Door Counry and she was one of my Must- Have's.


Have a wonderful week and tune into the Angels in your own life!


19 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I love your angel! Beautiful poetry. I am still taking it all in.

angular angels

Also don't forget to get aboard the Poetry Train on Monday mornings!

Rita said...

Beautiful poem and beautiful thoughts. Hope your week is a really good one!

Cynthia said...

patti this is a breathtakingly
spiritual poem.

Loch Rob said...

Such an inspring poem of longing and hopefulness. Well said.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Patti~
This poem is so good, I hope you are considering presenting some of (this one for sure) to an anthology of poetry.

I also love the picture, it goes along perfectly. I feel you have found a beautiful "niche."
Hope your week is full of inspiration my friend!

Sandra.if said...

so well said Patti!digarat

Joanne said...

Beautiful verse, very moving in thought. It evokes such a sense of hope. "Wishing" you a wonderful week :)

anthonynorth said...

Beautifully done. Full of optimism.

Ramesh Sood said...

Oh,How I wish the wishes to be granted by Angels.. lovely poem.. beautiful..hope and happiness and dream.. wow!

Vinay Leo R. said...

Patti, i am just letting these wonderful words sink in.. you've put them across so very beautifully.. loved it!

SandyCarlson said...

So hope. That is a beautiful poem. Thank, you, Patti, for this image that gives me hope.

Jim said...

Don't we wish we knew how those angels operated. This hoping of angelic help is a take I hadn't seen, I like it.
I like how your description of the coming Twilight is brought to awareness and yet how carefully it is interwoven with Lonelly Traveling Soul's actions. This was very skillfully done as only a silk purse writer could do it.
..

Amity said...

how beautiful this poem of yours Patti...even I could feel those wishing moments to make dreams come true with the help of an angel up there?

Tumblewords: said...

A lovely poem - deeply moving with inspirational yearning.

JUST ME said...

lovely words as always....

hope all is well on your side of the world my friend.

angelica

JP/deb said...

Patti, your twilight angel is beautiful.

Geraldine said...

I love what your done with this prompt. May dreams and wishes come true for you. Wonderful work!

Relyn Lawson said...

You, your friendship is an angel in my life. I've missed you, Patti. I'm home again and I had to stop by to say, "Hey." I love you.

Jingle said...

great job!