The prompt at OSI this week is "road" and I sure have A LOT to say about that lately, but I've narrowed down my post to 2 poems. Here is my interpretation.
travelling safe roads
without hills, twists, turns, and bumps
isn't a real life
chance, choice, change, regret
would you have have traveled this road
if you knew it's end?
chance, choice, change, regret
would you have have traveled this road
if you knew it's end?
***********************************************
This road...path really
that I've come to know well
always holds a surprise for me.
Although I have traveled it
many times
I always lose myself
in its twists and turns
and I often lose my bearings
altogether
and feel extremely lost.
Even though
that I've come to know well
always holds a surprise for me.
Although I have traveled it
many times
I always lose myself
in its twists and turns
and I often lose my bearings
altogether
and feel extremely lost.
Even though
it is nestled
amidst
the confines of my busy world
it never ceases to show me
wonderment
amidst
the confines of my busy world
it never ceases to show me
wonderment
in its Netherworldness .
In the tightly woven green canopy
stretched above
In the tightly woven green canopy
stretched above
diffusing the harsh
realities of
everyday existence~
the wind playing gently with my hair
and the leaves
rustling through the trees ~
And I listen hard to those trees
hoping beyond hope
that if I listen hard enough
I will hear
whisper rustles to my soul
the wind playing gently with my hair
and the leaves
rustling through the trees ~
And I listen hard to those trees
hoping beyond hope
that if I listen hard enough
I will hear
whisper rustles to my soul
telling me
what it is that I am supposed to hear~
how I should feel,
what I should do next
why I am in THIS place
on THIS road
at THIS time...
I have seen storms gathering
in the distance
about to unleash their fury
and I have seen
animals gather in the fields
to frolic and feast at dusk
I've felt
the bright, warm sun on my face
as I try to soak up
every bit of light energy I can
(to get me through the darkest of times)
and the flowers ~
always the wild flowers...
lift their faces to the sun as well
what it is that I am supposed to hear~
how I should feel,
what I should do next
why I am in THIS place
on THIS road
at THIS time...
I have seen storms gathering
in the distance
about to unleash their fury
and I have seen
animals gather in the fields
to frolic and feast at dusk
I've felt
the bright, warm sun on my face
as I try to soak up
every bit of light energy I can
(to get me through the darkest of times)
and the flowers ~
always the wild flowers...
lift their faces to the sun as well
thriving and blooming
wherever they are growing
But this road- path really
is always a circle...
But this road- path really
is always a circle...
not a perfect circle,
but a circle nonetheless
back to where I came from and started-
and that is sometimes
maybe enough...
security and comfort
to help me keep going
around again...
back to where I came from and started-
and that is sometimes
maybe enough...
security and comfort
to help me keep going
around again...
sometimes with another
or sometimes
by myself...
But I am always just a little changed
from what I experienced and saw
on this road
and maybe in time
I will come to realize
why
and know that
it is a good thing
and that everything
seen and felt on this road
happens for a reason
But I am always just a little changed
from what I experienced and saw
on this road
and maybe in time
I will come to realize
why
and know that
it is a good thing
and that everything
seen and felt on this road
happens for a reason
and there is a
different
Life Lesson
Life Lesson
that is supposed to
be learned
every time
this road is traveled
Thank you all for the comments- they are very much appreciated! Have a wonderful week.
18 comments:
I love the idea of travelling the roads in your photographs, of veering around the curves, maybe taking a little side journey off the beaten path, exploring. As much as they are a beautiful metaphor of life and the detailed roads we travel, I'm also a walker and these look so inviting for a long summer afternoon walk, too :)
I like both the poem and haiku. You dealt with many aspects of the road we travel.
A wonderful slice of this road of life! And I also enjoyed the porch photo treat!
hope you had a wonderful fourth.....
loved your first words.....
I have so much to learn.
Angie
A beautiful poetic description of Road of Life..yes it's a circle..and we keep changing..goal is to be a better change than yesterday..Thanks Patti for this wonderful write and your very special comments on my post.. have written one more on the prompt.. do bless by visiting again..
Patti.... so gifted and talented. I read it twice-- it was so thought provoking~
I like both of these. I think that roads that are wide open are a bit frightening because they seem to offer so little. How we crave the variety--even when the curve throws us.
We travel many roads in our lifetime. Some are not so smooth, but rather bumpy and others are nice to be upon. But all of them offer us something to learn if we but learn it and heed it's calling to travel on. Thanks for such a lovely post. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It was very thought provoking.
Well said Patti! Your words are such a treat.
I hope you are enjoying your Summer break! Hard to believe it, but we go back next month. boo.....
Yes, life is like a road. And your illustration makes me want to journey on round the bend.
"seen and felt on this road
happens for a reason and there is adifferent
Life Lesson that is supposed tobe learnedevery time this road is travelled"
So true! everything on this road of life happens for a reason.
Thanks.
Patti...it is true that we can walk a road many times and discover new things...!
Oh Chicka...the road is bumpy but it always brings us somewhere
Hey sweet poet friend ~
I am currently on the road (in TX) so I appreciate your poem. Both poems are truly gifts to all travelers ~ thanks for writing and sharing them with us! Blessings on your road and travels!!!
I can relate to so many things that you are expressing here. Wonderfully written, I enjoyed reading all of this work. Hugs and Happy Summer to you.
www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com
>not a perfect circle,
but a circle nonetheless
yes, some are v. sloppy circles indeed yet deja vu isn't always imagined.
may your next loop of path have spectacular spots of beauty.
Enjoyed both poems and lovely image
I like both poems. Sounds like you are going through a few changes yourself! I have decided that life is a spriral, not a circle because even though you do go around again, each time you do you have changed and you make it a little higher up (or down as the case may be!). I hope you make it through and keep your feet on the path but your eyes open to enjoy the beauty around you.
Post a Comment