"Choices" is the word of the week over at OSI. That is one of the words that I have so much to say about... We are faced with so many choices each day- some seemingly very trivial and some truly monumental. Unfortunately we don't posses the ability to see the far reaching effect, ripple, and outcome of those choices or we may choose differently. We can only go on our life experiences and the knowledge we have and often our own "gut" feelings to approach those choices we make- taking that blind "leap of faith" that we made the right one. Even then we often don't know the full effect of that choice until way down the road after the choice's path has been revealed and followed. Here are a few thoughts of my "choosing" about choice.
the choices we make
lead us onto
the paths we
(are destined to?) follow...
or is it the other way around?
**********************
the choices we make
can sometimes be considered
choices that make us
*************************************
someone else's choice
though right for them might just be
the wrong choice for you
************************************
I've been the victim
of other people's choices
out of my control
13 comments:
the choices we make
can sometimes be considered
choices that make us
Not sometimes, I think always.. Patti.. I loved each one of your creations.. these are wonderful..
A big huge WOW!!!!!!!
the paths we
(are destined to?) follow...
or is it the other way around?
I love this line, this question. LOVE IT!
Choices...on the lighter side today is my choice. To be a good partner and help around the house or get militant and do my own thing.......better make the better choice!!!!
See you tomorrow!!!!!!
I like your thoughts about this...may
be some wrong choices are good in the end too...
I can relate to all of these, and especially the one about being the victim of others' choices. It's so good to finally throw off that one and live my own life. If I only knew. But the road is as long as it has to be.
Your post certainly evokes the challenge and difficulty of making the right choices. A very strong post for OSI.
These are wonderful. I, too, have been chosen by others' choices on occasion. :)
so true all these Patti!
ahhh choices, when we told our daughter to take up accountancy, it was right for us parents but was very wrong for her so she shifted to a course of her liking (Psychology) and she's happy with it! Hopefull be graduating by 2012!
i have another cross-stitch work posted, do check it dear: http://intelclub.blogspot.com/2010/09/beauty.html
"I've been the victim
of other people's choices
out of my control"
The resonates with me right now. And those choices so affect us.
Gloria
choices can be an intimidating thing, holding so much weight in the outcome. Still each step/breath of the way we can make new choices.... I can relate to the meaning in each of your poems.
Love that the 'are destined to' is in parenthesis.
You've said it all here Patti, I so agree with your words. Now I'm off to check out your swap!!
Hugs friend, G
http://mypoeticpath.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/the-spirit-of-etsy/
These are all wonderfully written, Patti. Of course, you are the teacher and they have to be.
I thing everyone of them fits some part of the equation. Probably there are too many unknowns for your set.
My favorite is the last. I hate the thought, but it is soooooo true to life. I can't heed the warning in Mrs. Jim's saying, "don't let the actions of others control you" (she says it in a professional way, maybe more like "he/she is controlling you by what she/he is doing").
Oh well, we just have one life. No second chances in another. Huh? What's done is done. Too many of those choices were irreversible.
..
Post a Comment