Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Simple Joys

image from Little House Needleworks

in our journeying

to find our joy-filled life

we pass by so many

simple moments

(looking for the BIG ones)

when added all up equal

a joy fulled life:

laughter shared

the sound of waves lapping

a song i sing along with by heart

a look of understanding between my husband and me

my face turned toward the warm sunshine

when i can't sit still during a song and just have to move

the wishing star in the night sky

the sights and sounds of nature

a rainy afternoon with nothing to do

the glory of the changing seasons

all the connections i have made with others

the opportunity to find out about myself

coming home after a long day

a dog curled up next to me

knowing everyone i love is safe...

simply live

and these moments will come to you

because

it's these little unsung joys

that let us know we're alive~

embrace them and

wear them well...

This week's prompt at OSI is joie de vivre-please stop by and see how others interpreted this prompt.



10 comments:

Joanne said...

Lingering with a fresh cup of coffee, sun shining through the foliage, sitting down with a pen and journal to write. I love simple moments, they're the ones that move me the most, somehow.

SandyCarlson said...

There's so much that is beautiful. You say it so well.

The Write Girl said...

This is such a beautiful slice of life. The little things make all the difference. I especially love the last lines "embrace them and wear them well... " Great take on the prompt!

Geraldine said...

This truly says it all, beautifully written and so true.

Hugs friend


www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com
www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com , G

Sandra.if said...

love this!

Jim said...

The joy filled life indeed. This prompt and poems like yours have helped us all, me for sure, remember those little things that have made us happy. :)
I would never have remembered snuggled up with the dog but now I do. Things were so peaceful when we (the dog and I) did this.
..

SandyCarlson said...

I love those little joys. I would also love a really big one to come along, but who knows.

The ghosts were haunting me on FB. It was killing me. I had to let go. I miss the good guys, though. I am thinking of coming back on my own terms as me. I hope you'll friend me.

Jeeves said...

Lovely poem

mlu said...

Loved this, Patti~

Relyn Lawson said...

There is so much truth in this. I love it!