passing the baton
the seasonal relays start
autumn wins hands down!
This time of year gives me such pleasure! There are changes starting everywhere as one season begins passing into the other. The light shifts from bright yellow to a more mellow golden. The evening air is often tinged with the fragrance of woodsmoke from bonfires. The mornings and evenings are crispy- cool; with the appearance of ground fog in the mornings. The days are quickly and quietly getting shorter and shorter- easing us into that mode instead of all at once. The leaves are starting to turn a little at a time and the squirrels sensing this change have become more active as they revel in the seasonal change as well. Ah...Autumn...
12 comments:
This is so beautiful.. Autumn wins.. wins our hearts too.. well done, Amity..
Do visit for my take on The Passing..
You have described this time of year perfectly!!!!!
a different approach ...beautiful words and pics!
I like Autumn too, Patti. And I like your haiku. Don't you think they are fun and simple? :)
Now ours for sure won't pass the baton come until September 22 again this year.
Even then the leaves won't start turning. They do that in November and December.
..
Thanks for this beautiful poem. I agree with you about this time of year. Bring on the change!
Ahh...the many faces of the changing of seasons...:)
One is left in awe at this wondrous transformation!
I love the idea Patti! :)
Ahh...the many faces of the changing of seasons...:)
One is left in awe at this wondrous transformation!
I love the idea Patti! :)
I love autumn, too, Patti. It is my favorite time of year. But, I do get apprehensive at the thought of summer being over because that means that winter is just around the corner! I'd love to have Spring-Summer-Autumn-Spring-Summer-Autumn....but then I'd have to move from Chicago!
My favourite time of year as well as Spring. Great Haiku. Love the concept for the prompt, very creative.
Thanks for stopping by!
Love that! Wish the baton would pass here - but we've got at least another month to go unfortunately.
Love that! Wish the baton would pass here - but we've got at least another month to go unfortunately.
Beautiful words and images
Post a Comment