Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Dream Come True!

An eleven year old girl sits in her bedroom gazing longingly at taped up posters torn out of Tiger Beat of her favorite guy at the time- Donny Osmond - as "Puppy Love" and "Go Away Little Girl" play nonstop on her record player. Her best friend has just finished writing a letter to Donny that she is sure will be read and responded to! Boy troubles? Family troubles? No worries; Marie Osmond is consulted at every turn in her column "Ask Marie" and all problems of the time are solved! Marie- having so many brothers and being a teen herself was the "Go To Girl" of the early 70's and a role model of many girls while we envied her for her teen age dreamboat brother!


Fast forward a few decades as I now have NOT lost my love for Donny Osmond and have had the good fortune to see him in Joseph 3 times, with Jim Brickman 2 times, alone many times and even got a chance to meet him personally and talk on the phone with him as a part of a Chicago telethon . However ONE dream remained....at EVERY concert, I am always envious of those women who have front row seats! I mean- how do they do it? They are always the ones that Donny leans over to meet during the show and with all the concerts I have ever been to, the front row seats have always been sold out immediately!

Some of my friends and I went to see both Donny and Marie at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond IN last week. We had gotten the tickets from a friend's sister who was comped the tickets. None of us thought about the seats- it was a nice venue- all good seats- even the balcony- and they were free so ...whatever! So...imagine our surprise when the usher started taking us to the front and our utter shock when the free tickets turned out to be FRONT ROW!!!! We could NOT believe it! And sure enough, not only did Marie talk to us when she was on our side, but Donny DID come over and we got to go up to the stage (just about 2-3 feet away mind you) and shake his hand! The show was amazing- all high energy and dancing- Donny and Marie were great! All of us were in heaven especially me since THIS dream did come true!

There's just something about a Teen Age Hearthrob that can make a girl of any age feel like she's 14 again!

We were allowed to take pictures, so below are just a "few" of the many pics I took during the concert.

































This is where Donny came over to us and we got to go to him and shake his hand!

10 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

Great Patty...you appeared to have had a great time.. here's wishing many more such great moments..

beth said...

wow....wishes and dreams really do come true :)

"go away little girl".....haven't heard that one in forever!

did they have posters for sale for your bedroom....snicker, laugh.....

and HEY....great photos !

Amity said...

Hi Patti;

What a privileged for you to have been able to take pics of a prominent singer!

You really did have lots of fun!

Btw, i already posted one cross-stitch work of mine, a first installment in my blog! Please check: http://intelclub.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-wish-to-live-by-sea.html#disqus_thread

Have a beautiful Friday. TGIF! But it's not the end of work still! Am off to an education summit today. See you on Sunday at OSI!

Cindy said...

Very cool story! Sounds a lot like my little *thing* for Rick Springfield :) Always takes me back in time and makes me feel like a teenager!

mlu said...

I love Marie too- she looks GREAT!!! I saw the D-Man twice in Joseph and hope someday to see them together in concert! You are a very lucky dog!

Laura said...

This is so exciting!!!!! Your pics are fab! Did I ever tell you this? When I was a kid and had to get a shot at the doctor's office (I was very afraid)...I would repeat Donny Osmond, Donny Osmond, Donny Osmond over and over in my head!!!!!

Glad you got to sit in the front row!

Jim said...

Wow! Patti! That is soooooo good for you!

I think I liked Go away little girl too.
But had forgotten:
"...
I know that your lips are sweet
But our lips must never meet
I belong to someone else
And I must be true
Oh, go away, little girl
Go away, little girl
...
Please don't stay
It'll never work out
When you are near me like this
You're much too hard to resist
So, go away, little girl
Call it a day, little girl
Oh, please, go away, little girl
Before I beg you to stay
Go away""


I won't ask questions?
..

Relyn Lawson said...

I am SO GLAD you had such a marvelous time and that you made a dream come true. You also took some marvelous pictures. Numbers five and six just kill me. LOVE THEM!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

these are so much fun!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Jingle Poetry : http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/

welcome to sign in to follow our blog, and join our new poetry community,

Monday Poetry Potluck is open American Central Time:

Sunday, 8pm to Tuesday, 8pm, you have 48 hours to link in 1 to 3 poems…it could be an old poem …

check us out and hope to see you tomorrow.
Cheers!

your talent soars here…