Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Reigning Deer!!!

One of my favorite winter "motifs" is the reindeer. I feel they are not JUST for Christmas and after all the Christmas Pretties are put away I like to keep out my reindeer collection to decorate with as well as with pine boughs,berries, snowmen, and snowflakes. In the World of Cross Stitch, reindeer patterns abound! Here are a few things I have finished:

This one was called "Christmas Eve" by The Sampler Girl (I changed it up quite a bit- colors and design). It was the first Christmas ornament I ever finished and I made it for my stitching group's ornament exchange- which Karin ended up getting.

This little reindeer was from a Praiseworthy Stitches pattern and actually my first "finish for 2011!!!


This is an old project I have had around for about 20 years from my first foray into cross stitching.

This last reindeer is the "French Country Reindeer" by JBW Designs- fun to stitch!



15 comments:

Jon Lee said...

I love reindeer. I keep snowmen up like that. I hope you're getting through all the cold, snowy days.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

You reindeer are exquisite and so welcomed after the Christmas season! I also love to keep reindeer out just a little bit longer too. They are such magical whimsical creatures.
Blessings!
~ Katie

Joanne said...

Your reindeer have such charm :)
I love holding onto a little bit of Christmas after the holiday. In our family room, we have a tabletop tree decorated with only gold beads and lights. Now we call it our New Year tree, and love having it on.

Rita said...

I love cross stitch and wish it would come back into vogue. You did a beautiful job on these reindeer!

eyeography said...

Beautiful work :)

Laura said...

love, love, love your reindeer!!!!!! I have the chart for that last one.....one more to put on my very long to do list!!!!

Anonymous said...

love me some reindeer Patti,

especially cross stitched reindeer.

may I should try this form of art again.


angie

Anonymous said...

love me some reindeer Patti,

especially cross stitched reindeer.

may I should try this form of art again.


angie

Heather Foust said...

Hello Patti!
I love all your reindeer! They are all so cute. I especially like the old one you did.
I wanted to thank you for saying those nice things about my blog. I really do appreciate it. It actually made me cry. Very sweet.
You are the 4th person that told me that they could not leave a message on my blog. So it may not be your computer it may be me??
Thank again Patti!

Geraldine said...

Oh these are so beautiful. What a great motif to work with and you've done beautiful work.

Hugs, G

www.myreallifereviews.com

Rita said...

Patti, I have something for you on my latest post. Please check it out. Thanks, my friend.

Keke said...

Dearest Friend,
It's been far tooo long...but I love, love your page right now and I love your reindeer!!! I haven't cross stiched in years, but now you make me want to! I so hope you are filled with joy and abundantly blessed right now! Hows your baby quilt coming? (I was secretly hoping miracle of miracles I would get you for a partner) None the less, I did get a very sweet partner and I'm almost done and going to mail early since she asked for a Valentines theme.... Be well.
Toodles XO Keke

Visits With Mary said...

Hello Patti, wanted to stop by and say hello. Rita @ Grammy's Sweet Nothings mentioned you on her blog, so here I am for a visit. Love your reindeer, love anything "stitched"...drop over and say hello ! !
www.visitswithmary.blogspot.com

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a lovely collection!

I hope you and your family are staying warm!!

Relyn Lawson said...

I meant to ask you last comment, is that your house? It's just lovely.