you place your feelings-
all organized and catalogued
in a box
and put them
high on a shelf
to be picked through and looked at
some time during your leisure-
because that's what you were taught to do.
maybe you'll even forget about them
if you're lucky...
but how about
keeping that box
out in the open~
with the lid off
and spilling the contents out-
letting them make a mess all over the place
and dealing with "the clean up"-
(i bet you would have a lot of help)
This poem is for the OSI prompt this week - "place"
5 comments:
Great message in this poem...
happy Wednesday Patti :)
Strong stuff. I like it!
I like it too! You've done a great job with this prompt.
Hugs, G
this reminds me a familiar situation...so nice!
I love this. A friend who turned out to be a fraud once had a blog in which he acknowledged the shape of his life. Once his lies became obvious to all of us, he deleted any reference to us to create a fiction that suited his idea of himself. It was very strange--another way to compartmentalize, I suppose.
I admire your honesty.
Post a Comment