Quick post....I am currently frazzled. We are having Thanksgiving this year for my sister and her family and I don't do well with entertaining (see previous post in Sept. about this subject...). Anyway- in my infinite wisdom, I also offered to host a Girl's Night Out for a special group of friends and to celebrate one of their birthdays for Tues. night. Normally we go out, but they are coming over for games and chocolate (and not in that order either). Lots and lots and lots to do... so what do I do? I diddled around with the fun bags of stuff I got at the stamp convention in Madison WI on Sat. and then off I go procrastinating away on the computer on Facebook and e-mail and came across this. I thought it was just so wonderful that I wanted to share! I just loved this little video- the quotes and the photography are awesome. I'm glad I took the time to watch it. Hope you find your Joy!!! Thanks to Mary Lou who sent it to me! Back to cleaning...
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Quick post....I am currently frazzled. We are having Thanksgiving this year for my sister and her family and I don't do well with entertaining (see previous post in Sept. about this subject...). Anyway- in my infinite wisdom, I also offered to host a Girl's Night Out for a special group of friends and to celebrate one of their birthdays for Tues. night. Normally we go out, but they are coming over for games and chocolate (and not in that order either). Lots and lots and lots to do... so what do I do? I diddled around with the fun bags of stuff I got at the stamp convention in Madison WI on Sat. and then off I go procrastinating away on the computer on Facebook and e-mail and came across this. I thought it was just so wonderful that I wanted to share! I just loved this little video- the quotes and the photography are awesome. I'm glad I took the time to watch it. Hope you find your Joy!!! Thanks to Mary Lou who sent it to me! Back to cleaning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, this is another thing we have in common. I always get in a panic when people are coming over. I will know ahead of time by weeks and will still procrastinate and have a messy house when they come! I don't do well in proper society!
Patti,
You will do great! I am a procrastinator as well. I actually do better that way. I do start preparing in advance if someone is coming over. When I ahd my house I would start cleaning bathrooms and closing them off as the time got cloer for the visit. At least I would not have to worry about cleaning bathrooms at the last minute.
I will be sending good vibes your way. Have fun and just enjoy yourself and your friends.
Have a great Thanksgiving. I will be thinking of you and yours.
Peace,
Angelica
That was a beautiful video. Thank you for sharing it. I'm so glad you are opening up your home and your life - giving to others - even when it stresses you. It's that simple act of service that makes the party, the dinner, the games... so much fun. Not everyone loves enough to do the work involved in playing hostess. I know it will be wonderful. I know because you will be your usual engaging, encouraging self and everyone will feel loved.
Have fun!
I hear you....all that entertaining sends me over the edge !!!
and by the way....where are you ???
I'm in madison and this was the first time I didn't go to the scrapbook show....too many other things on my schedule this year...
Post a Comment