This week's prompt at One Single Impression is colors. Please check out other poems reflecting that prompt.
autumn~
a veritable crayon box of colors
shades her world in a rainbow of hues~
leaves~
raining down on the streets
multi- colored tears of nature ~
mourning the passage
of yet another season
Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Michigan by myself. Leaving the south Chicago area and going north up the coast of Lake Michigan, I experienced seeing more and more signs of fall. First it was a little pop of color here and there to the total explosion of colors in groves of trees. It was picture- taking heaven! I included pictures of some of my stops along the way, from the muted colors of the beach at St. Joseph, to the birches marking the exit off the expressway. I passed vineyards, orchards; trees laden with red and golden apples, wildflowers, fields of gold, farm stands boasting all kinds of Autumn's best... Sat. night I went down to our lake and sat on the pier to catch the sunset and was not disappointed. As I watched, a turtle came swimming past, later a heron; swooping and gliding across the water, finally a few pontoon boats glided past to catch the magic of the the twilight turning to night. I also got up Sun. morning to see the sun rise in all of it's majestic shades! Stunningly amazing!
Michigan launched their Pure Michigan ad campaign about a year and a half ago and I am including some of the links for those ads. They are beautiful to listen to and watch! I feel the writing is brilliant. Whenever I hear the strains of the music I stop whatever I am doing and just soak up the words; I have even been known to get a little teary- eyed. By the way, the voice is Tim Allen ( a Detroit native) and he is perfect for it. Please take a minute to listen some of these- you will NOT be disappointed!
autumn~
a veritable crayon box of colors
shades her world in a rainbow of hues~
leaves~
raining down on the streets
multi- colored tears of nature ~
mourning the passage
of yet another season
Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Michigan by myself. Leaving the south Chicago area and going north up the coast of Lake Michigan, I experienced seeing more and more signs of fall. First it was a little pop of color here and there to the total explosion of colors in groves of trees. It was picture- taking heaven! I included pictures of some of my stops along the way, from the muted colors of the beach at St. Joseph, to the birches marking the exit off the expressway. I passed vineyards, orchards; trees laden with red and golden apples, wildflowers, fields of gold, farm stands boasting all kinds of Autumn's best... Sat. night I went down to our lake and sat on the pier to catch the sunset and was not disappointed. As I watched, a turtle came swimming past, later a heron; swooping and gliding across the water, finally a few pontoon boats glided past to catch the magic of the the twilight turning to night. I also got up Sun. morning to see the sun rise in all of it's majestic shades! Stunningly amazing!
Michigan launched their Pure Michigan ad campaign about a year and a half ago and I am including some of the links for those ads. They are beautiful to listen to and watch! I feel the writing is brilliant. Whenever I hear the strains of the music I stop whatever I am doing and just soak up the words; I have even been known to get a little teary- eyed. By the way, the voice is Tim Allen ( a Detroit native) and he is perfect for it. Please take a minute to listen some of these- you will NOT be disappointed!
21 comments:
Awesome post. I was immersed in it totally. Thanks for posting the photos.
dad, will you walk one more time with me?
lovely pics Patti,,,,,
I was supposed to go to Michigan with my parents today apple picking, but I have the work cold/flu who knows....
I might take off tomorrow to go see the doc...
thinking of you this beautiful fall smelling day my friend.
Angie
Lovley take of Colors!
Have a great week :)
wow...your world was totally colored...
the midwest and its amazing and almost magical fall....
really, it just doesn't get any better does it ?
I have never been to Michigan but your photos took me on a mini-vacation-- what wonderful colors.
What a breathtaking journey you took! I love autumn, and the energy it inspires. Here in New England our colors aren't at that peak yet, but soon ...
you've captured some amazing sunset pictures. there. loved the crayon box of colors in your poem.
multi- colored tears of nature ~
very neat .. great post patti ..
Your photos are very beautiful. I love that last one and wish I were sitting on one of those benches with the one I love.
Those tears of nature streamed today. In a beautiful sorrow.
It appears that Michigan's colors are working overtime right now. I am sure that your mind temporarily went working overtime as well. It was a time for reflection as well as immersing yourself in those fall colors.
That would be a wonderful trip (by one's self) to take on a motorcycle. In one of my former lives I did that quite often, just escaping for a motorscooter ride by myself along the Rio Grande.
..
Beautiful post! Just beautiful...The photos are glorious and I so enjoyed your narrative and poem.
My goodness Patti, I can't tell which I like the best; the poem, dialogue or photos. Like GT said, this is an "awesome post".
Color Me Love
OH, how lovely. Lovely and wonderful and perfect. I am just delighted that you had this time. Delighted. I love you, my friend. I do.
Your pictures are gorgeous!!! I would love to visit Michigan now!
Patti
I love those Michigan promos with Tim Allen. My two faves are Nature's Show and Harvest Time...Your photos are "Pure Michigan"!!!
MLu
Oh Patti these pictures are fabulous! You really did experience fall on this trip. I envy your trips alone. *sigh* I really need to do that more often. You must really re-energize on your little getaways.
Hey, keep me updated on that meeting!
xoxo
Happy October 1st!! Can't wait to see those decorations!! :)
wow what wonderful photographs, words and colors! very beautiful! :)
Beautiful, Patti!
Picture perfect are the snaps you have captured, can't really believe its all out there in Michigan. Words added to its beauty....definitely it shades the world in a rainbow of hues....no doubt.
Thanks for sharing this part of your Autumn experience. Lovely post.
Your poem and photos are a wonderful celebration of color and the season.
Spirithelpers
Post a Comment