Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thirst


insatiable
thirst for creativity
quench it to feel full


I find that I have to have "creativity" in my life. This creativity comes in all sorts of forms. From the crafts I have passions for; cross-stitching, paper crafting, jewelry, photography, to blogging, reading, writing, and poetry to just being with others who share my passions... I also have to have it in my surroundings-whether this comes with my seasonal decorations, to needing to have color around, and music on, to enjoying the creative part of teaching language arts. Sometimes it is actively participating in the creative process, sometimes it is just being surrounded by creative people, but what ever form creativity comes in, I know I have to have a daily dose of it to feel like myself!
"Thirst" is the prompt for OSI this week. Please check out other poetry on this same prompt.




16 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I am just drinking this in. Thank you.

zoya gautam said...

" to just being with others "

philosophy is not always a voluminous
treatise _ like a seed many a times it could always be succinct - like in the quote above ..

many thanks for such a good to read poem ..

Sij said...

Hope the glasses of your creativity are always filled to the brim.

Jeeves said...

Well drinking and drinking and also enjoying your post

Jim said...

Hi Patti, I am enjoying your quest for creativity in the reading of your tales and poems. You are a good dedicated blogger, I can only imagine how much of that creativity you are using at school and in the classroom. It has to be a bunch.
..

Tammie Lee said...

Yes, I must agree. Lovely inspiration.

Quiet Paths said...

I do so very much agree!

Geraldine said...

I am soooo in tune with what you are saying. So very true!

Hugs, G

Michelle said...

Oh Patti I so know what you mean by that. I have to have creativity in my life or I wouldn't know how to get through the day! I know that sounds crazy but it's so true. My problem is I start too many things. Lol! In fact, yesterday I was going through my garage and found my book that I had started (a suspense novel), about 150 pages...and it sparked that creativity inside of me again. I'm yearning to write and I have started writing down more ideas so hopefully I can stick to that and it will come into fruition someday. :)

Have a wonderful Friday!!

xoxo

Lots of hugs!

Michelle :)

Polka Dot Moon said...

I could drink your words all day! Well said :)

{Good to hear the Jillian is still with him! Lots of gossip in the mags lately!!}

Enjoy your weekend Patti!

I'm so envious of your Fall splendor :)

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

This is very inspiring, and I think it speak for many of us. To me living without creativity is not living at all ...

Maggie said...

Thanks for a sip of your creative works in your poetry and also I wanted to let you know I sure enjoy seeing your wonderful photos.

You have a keen eye.

beth said...

I'm thirsty that way too...and the bigger the straw the better !

SandyCarlson said...

The fog shots are gorgeous. I am back for another round.

JUST ME said...

I know what you mean Patti,

Maybe that is why I am so thirsty because I have not created in over a year.....

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Sweet little angel and poem. kt