This past Saturday I had a card exchange with a group of my stamping friends. The last one we had was in June, so it has been awhile. The theme for this one was French and tags (or any combination/interpretation of). I managed to make a few cards during the summer but once school started I can not seem to be productive. I worked hard this last week a few nights and was able to eek out a few more. The swap was in the middle of Sat. afternoon and there is an
Archiver's on the way to my friend's house which I was planning to stop and check out (because I "need" a few more Halloween stamps and paper packs-
haha). Instead I showed restraint and decided to use what I had and ended up staying home and making 2 more cards for the swap. The pictures below are examples of some of the cards I made. I like to make a couple of color/style variations of the same type of card. They are all very different from each other- from cutesy to eclectic, fall shades to jewel tones. Nobody can ever accuse me of being in a style rut with my cards, can they?
The 1st picture below is my FAVORITE and the most special card I made. The background of that card is actually a scanned version of a letter my dad wrote to my mom when they were dating and he was on a European vacation with some buddies. The letter was written on stationary from the Hotel Albion in Paris and even mentions going to some of the Parisian sights. I thought it was perfect for that card (I couldn't find an appropriate picture of him to match though- that would have been cool)!
I just love playing with stamps, ink, colored pencils and stuff. Too bad I can't do it all the time!
Have a wonderful week~

9 comments:
These are gorgeous. Amazing. Beautiful.
Handmade items have such charm, and personality! These are gorgeous. How nice to incorporate the letter from your dad, a touching piece of history brought to your art.
Okay, that is it!!!!! We have to stamp together!!!!!!! Your cards are amazing and gorgeous!!!
You are amazing!!
Hello
Looks like you had an amazing time by the outcome...all of them are just fabulous
Blessings
Rebecca
I just love playing with stamps, ink, colored pencils and stuff
well done patty!
color_
is the little girl inside u ! ..
How cute are all of these? I really love the elegant lady with the believe on it! Makes me want to do art this afternoon as opposed to lesson plans. I wonder which one will win?
What fun cards and I have to say that your card with your father's letter is amazing! What a treasure!
Oh what fun! I want to play.
Seriously, I saw this and wondered to myself if Laura was with you guys. Then I read her comment. Lucky you. Lucky friends.
Post a Comment