Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm In A Fog!!!!!!







I love fog!!! As in...can't get enough of it! Lately, in the morning as I drive to school we have been having lots of ground fog and my world is shrouded in mist. It seems like I can't take too many pictures of what I see (or don't see). The pictures above are typical of what I see on my drive to school. The Saturday of Labor Day weekend, I woke up early to lots of fog (again!) and got Mike up to go out and take pictures. It was such a blast! We went to cemeteries, lakes, fields and took pictures and took pictures... 2 hours later, the fog was starting to lift. Below are a few of the pics I took that morning. Luckily, this week's prompt at OSI is ...FOG!!! Stop over and check out others' interpretations of this foggy prompt!




the fog steals silently in as we sleep~

whisper -swirling around

cloaking the world in

its misty magic~

what used to be

is now transformed~

shrouded in ethereal wonderment~

turning the mundane into "mist-ical"~

as a profoundly quiet stillness

descends and deepens~

obscuring everything it envelopes...




This tree is in front of the cemetery in our neighborhood beckoning anyone who dares to enter; especially in the fog!








































17 comments:

Laura said...

Very cool pics and poetry!!!

beth said...

your fog photos are AMAZING !!!
I just can't seem to get up early enough to catch our fog...what a lazy &%# I am, huh ?

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I love fog too! These pictures are wonderful, and relaxing to look at .. thanks!

Rebecca said...

Very cool post...
I really hate driving in it though, otherwise I like it too. One of the coolest evenings I can remember a few years ago I woke to two owls hooting in a heavy fog. The air was so heavy it amplified their haunting sound, I got up and went ouside to see if I could find them and they were huge sitting at the top of some trees--when they flew off it was magical through the fog.
Thanks for reminding me of that special night!
Blessings
Rebecca

Joanne said...

Beautiful photos, such atmosphere. There's something so peaceful about the fog here.

zoya gautam said...

what used to be
is now transformed~


lovely _as ur poem keeps --

" turning the mundane into mist "~

thank u for capturing the fog ..

Polka Dot Moon said...

Haunting somewhat ghostly pictures!!!

I love the fog, but often wonder if there is something creeping in with it!
Too many horror movies in the 80's!!!

Hope you're enjoying your Fall weather!! Lucky girl! We're still in the high 90's back to triple digits on the weekend.....long, long, long summers here. sigh..........

Tumblewords: said...

Delightful pictures - the fog shrouds everything with softness. Your words are perfect!

zoya gautam said...

hi patti,
in case u r wondering ,

" turning the mundane into mist "~

is a wilful error & an uncalled for opinion as to what sounded better to me _ but then , it's your poem after all ! ..

Jim said...

"what used to be is now transformed~shrouded in ethereal wonderment~" was written for me!
I am always amazed with fog, it seems to have wonderful magical powers over the appearance of nature.

Your pictures are great, my vote is for the lake showing blurry reflections as first with the cemetery scenes coming in a close second.
..

Geraldine said...

Oh, this is wonderful Patti! I love fog too and I love all the ways you've interpreted this great prompt.Bravo.PS: I do agree re: driving and Rebecca's comment. Fog doesn't make this fun!

gabrielle said...

shapes shift so fluidly in the fog.
magical and dreamlike. a place to let the imagination wander

Susan Tuttle said...

your fog photographs are just gorgeous -- i especially love the ones of the swampy area -- eerie and beautiful at the same time:)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Patti,
I think fog is magical! I like to imagine little fairy worlds in the mist, especially when you are drive in low places in the woods.
Your photos and poem is magical too! Blessings, kt

if said...

beautiful pics and words...

MLu said...

Patti
Once again, your foggy photos were amazing!!! My fav was the "boney finger branch" luring us into the mist!! Kaitlyn love it too!

Judy Ferguson said...

Enjoyed looking at everything in your blog. More artistic than most. Lovely.