What week!!! Some may call my last few days busy, but I am preferring to call it "abundant" (that's for you Relyn). Let me explain~~~~ It all started Saturday morning. A typical fall weekend usually includes a soccer game in the Chicago area. I usually don't pay much attention to where we are going unless I know there are cute shops nearby since I am not the driver. Sat. morning bright and early Mike let me know the soccer game du jour was to be in Wheaton. Wheaton is where Angelica (from I'm Going Back to the Start) lives. She and I have written back and forth for over a year and I have always wanted to meet her. I left her a message on Facebook that were would be in the area and what park we would be at. the time, and my cell number (minus the area code just to make it more challenging for her-lol). Long story short...she called- and we got to meet!!! It was so cool! It truly was like meeting a long lost friend. She is so sweet and bubbly and friendly. She brought her husband (who spent the time talking with Mike about soccer which Mike loved) and 2 adorable boys, as they were on their way to soccer games as well. I swear, we could have talked for hours...I can't wait to meet up with her again!
From the soccer game, Mike and I met up with his sister and our nephews (they were playing football in Wheaton too- that was quite the place to be on Sat.), and Mike's parents and we were able to spend a lovely lunch with them.
Sunday, I passed on the soccer game du jour and instead drove up to Schaumberg to meet up with some college friends for one of our 3 and 1/2 hour marathon lunches. Lots of giggling and laughing- loved it! Before I went out to lunch though, Mike and I spent the morning out taking pictures in a little town nearby called Crete; it has all kinds of great places to capture (see above pictures).
Monday after school I met up with a friend who retired from teaching last year to have dinner (have you figured out the theme in these get-togethers yet?). I hadn't seen her since the summer, so it was nice catching up with her and she with me as my 7th graders all had her last year and I had some great stories.
Last night found me in Lemont with Laura (Maude and Mozart) and Karin (a stitching expat life)as we supped at Taco Bell before we went over to Inspired Needle- the local cross stitch shop for their bi-monthly stitch night. Lots of good conversation as we stitched.
Tonight I am just getting home because I went out after school with a bunch of friends to see the movie Paranormal Activity- no dinner involved but there was some yummy popcorn...
In the middle of all of this, I have joined a new swap from Linda over at A Swap for All Seasons. This one is an altered Christmas cabinet card. I have never done anything like this so it will be interesting but fun. My swap partner is Kelly (Keke) over at the Cherry Kingdom. I am looking forward to getting to know her. Her blog is very cool- if you have time, please stop by!
I also received a beautiful fall bracelet and earrings from Denise over at Polka Dot Moon. Her etsy shop always has the cutest things and I love ordering from her.
To top it ALL off ....Donny and his 2 10's on DWTS!!! Yea Baby!!! What a Tango... What a guy... I feel like I am 11 again!
So- yes I feel like my simple life has been full of abundance; especially blogosphere connections, and I have enjoyed every bit of it!!!
11 comments:
O Patti ~ this is just a beautiful post! I love the photos and the words ~ Happy Fall my Friend! XO
lucky you...meeting angelica...time with laura...soccer games and food and swaps OH MY....you are living abundantly aren't you ???
Hi Pattie
Oh I can't believe you were that close...I wish you could have come over one town to visit me! My shop is in Glen Ellyn just down the road from Wheaton! Next time you are in town I would love to meet you!
Blessings
Rebecca
Wonderful string of photos! It does sound as though your life has been full to overflowing with goodness. Wishing you a continued wonderful week.
A truly abundant post, rich in family, friends, autumn color and food. Kudos to you!
Patti,
Thanks for stopping by again. It seems we actually have a ton in common. Your Intrest and The books you've read match mine one for one. Except I didn't write mine out the way you did...
I love cottage, paper craft, dishes, linen, retro, music, movies, etc. and johnny depp...well, yum. I have all of the simple abundance collection, and a cook book collection and Anne Lamott...I was trying to find your email so we could do the whole "get to know you, what are your favorie color, things about the holidays etc." But I don't see you have it listed, so if you email me then I could get my answers! :) Except we have so many common likes that I think we'd do good by one another anyway! LOL The only question I really have is when you decorate for the holiday what's your style? Traditional colors, outside the box colors, ice cream colors, french/euro? I hope this day finds you blessed!
XO
Keke
I have always wanted to meet one of my blog friends, in person. What a lucky girl you are! And what a happy upbeat post to read.
Hugs, G
PS: I am not usually a fan of music on blogs (sometimes distracting for me) but I stopped by here to the magical melody of These are a Few of My Favorite Things! You made my morning brighter!
Wow! That was a lot of fun packed into a week!!!!! Glad I got to be part of it! Did you get scared at the movie? I was thinking of you.
Okay I just LOVE your photos! They are gorgeous! And how fun to meet a "Blog Friend"! I'm going to meet one when we see New Moon - very excited about that. And how was your movie? I'm way too scared to see it! Once I saw the commercial it was over for me! I'd be sleeping with a light on for the rest of my life!
Thanks for the lovely comment and I'm so glad you are enjoying your goodies :)
I've left an award for you on my blog - well deserved!
Denise
how fun is that!!
lovely photos!
i am sure you had the best fun indeed!
What a wonderFULL time you've been having. Abundance is right. And, oh - that you got to meet Angelica and spend time with Laura. I'm jealous. Yes, I am.
Post a Comment