
Life can be moving a long in a pretty ordinary way
when out of the blue
Life hits you with something major
when out of the blue
Life hits you with something major
that you never really expected~
How to react?
shock...
disbelief...
anger...
regret...
sadness...
sadness...
It's times like these that
I am so eternally grateful
for my friendships
and for all the people who have
listened patiently to my
rationalizations
theories
realizations
guilt
These friends ~
who have willingly given me
advice
counsel
time
an ear to listen with
and a shoulder to cry on
have helped more than they can imagine
Because even though relationships
have drastically changed around me
and my world has shifted
and my world has shifted
and may never be the same
these friends, being in my life at this moment,
are my soul sisters,
my talismans,
my good luck charms
that have gotten me through
one of the darkest times in my life so far
You, my friends, my "soul sisters,"
have given me the light
to find my way out of my darkness~
Thank you so much for being there-
I am truly blessed to have you in my life!
This week's prompt at OSI is "talisman." Please check out other great interpretations of this prompt! As always- thanks for reading this and the kind comments...Have a wonderful week!
15 comments:
I can SO relate to your words. Hang in there...sending positive vibes your way. Count me in as a concerned (albeit cyberspace) friend.
Hugs, G
really...our lives would be so empty without our blogging soul sisters....right ?
and only a blogger knows this to be true....
hugs to you !
Our journeys are filled with so many twists and turns. How wonderful to have the support you speak of, the "soul" sisters who get to the heart of the matter with us. Wishing much more light shining on your life :)
..
How to react?
shock
disbelief...anger...regret...
sadness ..
_ the craft of a poet _
the heart of a poet ..
what u have written patti are simple words _ written with an open heart ..
thank u for writing this ..
Hi Patti, you are holding up good on these pages! I can just feel your (author's) hurt in this poem.
Men aren't supposed to cry but I once did, I sobbed. Still sometimes when I take in a breath there is that old sob, just one, involuntary. That doesn't stop.
We could change the word sob to S.O.B. if that would help! :-)
(((((HUGS!!)))))
..
Your words touch so many of us. I'm sending you lots of good vibes and warm ((hugs))
and for some reason humming the beginning of "Lady Marmalade".
Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista
Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, go sista........
Indeed. I am with you. Lovely. Thanks.
Your words perfectly described the way I felt a year ago at this time!!! It truly was my friends' thoughts and prayers that made the events bearable....
Thanks for being one of those special friends!!!
Awwww..I loved this post Patti. I can so related to what you're saying. I've had sevreal relationships change in my real life, good and bad. When I need comfort, I come here to blogland. Sending positive thoughts your way sweet friend!
xoxo
positive hopeful words...!!
Dear Patti,
Loved the feel of "Soul Sister"...am glad they bring you enough "light to find a way out of the darkness"
Sending sunbeams of happiness and angel dusts of peace your way.
I of coarse was in tears reading your soul sisters. You know we will always be SOUL SISTERS!!! You have always been there for me and I hope I will have the opportunity to help you through this tough time. I love your blog.... you so get life and its beauty. You are so observant and able to enjoy what is so gorgous. Your pictures, creativeness, and writing have been so enjoyable. Love Ya - Your Soul Sister Janet
Dear Patti--
Friends as talismans, warding off darkness...that is so true and real.
Thank you, as always, for your honesty and gratitude.
You are loved, far beyond what you can know.
Peace, sister.
Hi Patti. I was visiting Keke over at Cherry Kingdom and she posted that we should take a peek at your blog. And I'm so glad she did, she is such a sweet friend. If your just getting to know her you'll really find that she's a blessing. I love the words you've written. I had no idea of how important my blog relationships would become. I thank God daily for the support and fun. I'm looking forward to following you, getting to know you and coming back to read you past blogs.
Hope you evening will be blessed with good will, Tracy
Please stop by and visit me sometime at http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com
Hey, you. I love this post. I know just what you mean.
Post a Comment