Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh October!











October ~
You magical, mystical month
You are anxiously awaited and anticipated
As you deliciously descend divinely
to cloak our world in a kaleidoscope of colors
You wrap us in your reds, golds, and oranges
drenching us in your dew-kissed dreams ~
fancifully frolicking freely
in all you have to offer us
Quietly you quickly lift
your thin, transparent, translucent veil
between us and those who have gone before
to present psychic possibilities
for us to compose and conquer questions
and grasp and grapple for a glimpse
of the supernaturally silent (un)seen
before you surreptitiously softly slip away
leaving us yearning for your yesterdays ...



This week's prompt over at One Single Impression is "conquer." To view other talented poets and their interpretations of this prompt, please visit OSI. Have a wonderful week!










27 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Love the autumn photos! October is a glorious month. I like the final line about "yearning for your yesterdays." It makes me yearn for when I was young in New England and raked leaves into a pile and jumped in them, the wet, crackling brown of them filling my nostrils!

SandyCarlson said...

October definitely expands our view! I enjoyed your words and beautiful images.

Sherri B. said...

What a lovely post...both the words and the photos!

Sandra.if said...

beautiful pics....true words!

beth said...

as pretty as october is....this year seems so bland to me compared to last year's october...

I was going through photos and wow, what a difference a year can make....

PLUS...it was still so warm last year compared to now....and that makes me sad :(

oh well...maybe november will surprise us :)

Joanne said...

The title of your post says it all! This is by far my very favorite month. A peaceful, amazingly beautiful lull before the holidays set in ...

gautami tripathy said...

What glorious pictures and poetry!

what has time got to do with blood?

Geraldine said...

What a glorious stroll through the beauty of fall. Breathtaking photos and wonderful words!

Anonymous said...

oh these ictures are just so so so nice!!!

really really enjoyed it!

Tammie Lee said...

Your words spill one into the next like a waterfall, full of the beauty and mystery of this season. Photos are gorgeous.
Spirithelpers

Jim said...

Hi Patti, I can tell you like October. But who doesn't? We don't have the seasons like you do down here. So my October special is my birthday. [On my other blog I was taking-Saturday-ideas of where to run away this year. Probably before the soon to come time when I can no longer run.]

The lines,
"you surreptitiously softly slip away
leaving us yearning for your yesterdays ..."
for me was the last time I was in New England and the Montreal and Eastern Township areas. They had what you wrote about and what is in your pictures.

Thanks you, (((((HUGS)))))
..

gabrielle said...

You so fancifully capture the magic of October, with its thin veil and translucent sighs.

Anonymous said...

Conquering Autumn in october? :) Lovely :)

Tumblewords: said...

Absolutely gorgeous words and photos! Beautifully inspirational...

Rebecca said...

How beautiful all the colors of autumn, my favorite time of year!
Blessings
Rebecca

Polka Dot Moon said...

Beautiful words for beautiful pictures! Lucky you to enjoy all of it's splendor!!

Everything down here is brown, tan, and a touch of green {if you planted a winter lawn}.
Denise

{so glad you got your goodies and will enjoy them :)
thanks so much Patti!!}

Andree said...

You've captured the beauty and anxiety of autumn. It's amazing. You took me on a dizzying tour of the concrete to the supernatural.

zoya gautam said...

the beauty and anxiety of autumn

many thanks for this ..

Quiet Paths said...

Who would not yearn for such brilliant color! Fall does make us think about things...

Patois42 said...

What magnificent words and photos. Thank you. You've totally nailed October.

winnsangels said...

such lovely October images, through words and pictures. thank you.

hoping you have a wonderful day too Patti

Michelle said...

LOVE that poem Patti! Hey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The movie was definitely creepy. Yes, high on the creep factor but I really liked it. I wasn't totally scared...just creeped out. Lol! You know, I wouldn't eb nervous about your meeting. Nine times out of ten nothing significant really happens. :) At least in my experience. However, on Saturday's "meeting" of our group I actually caught something very interesting in a photo. Let me know if you want to take a look at it.

xoxo

Susan Tuttle said...

gorgeous october through your lens:)

Mlu said...

Patti
Your photos were breathtaking and the the poem equally so.....

Rita said...

October is such a lovely month and so is your blog.

Relyn Lawson said...

Such lovely, lovely images. I mean the images from the pen as well as the camera.

swapna said...

I've grown to love octobers of my life ...."As you deliciously descend divinely
to cloak our world in a kaleidoscope of colors
You wrap us in your reds, golds, and oranges"..thats a pretty vivid picture. Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.