spirits playing hide and seek
is the joke on us?
We live about 20 minutes from Bachelor's Grove (click to find out more...if you dare!); one of the most haunted cemeteries in Illinois as well as allegedly in the US. About a month and a half ago, Mike and I went out taking pictures really early in the morning and ended up sneaking into Bachelor's Grove. It is about a quarter mile walk through the woods until you finally reach the cemetery, which is pretty desolate and isolated; creating quite an eerie environment. There is much legend and myth surrounding this place from people seeing orbs, lights, a disappearing house, as well as a phantom car. It is definitely high on the creepy scale! Below are some pictures that I took from that morning.
This week's prompt at OSI is "elusive." Please stop by and visit other talented poets' interpretations of this prompt.
Today (Sat.), in the Spirit of Halloween, I am off to my friend Nancy's house for her annual Ghoulfriend Get Together. About 20 of us from school get together around the early afternoon and do Halloween-type things all day into the evening, sleep over and then watch spooky movies most of the day Sunday. It has really become a looked forward to tradition by all involved! We used to journey to Indiana to Nancy' Lake House, but now instead, go to her home. All kinds of activities are planned- last year was a jumpy house, relays, scavenger hunts, games, and just sitting around talking- which of course none of us object to. Everyone brings food and drink to share and it just is so much fun! Nancy's backyard backs up to a forest preserve and path so I am sure that will be incorporated into the activities somehow. She has booked a psychic to come around 6:00 tonight for anyone who wants a reading, and the night most definately will end with the annual campfire and spooky stories! Fun Fun Fun!!!
Do you have any Halloween traditions that you do?
24 comments:
how lucky are to have a bunch of girlfriends that get together to play and sleep over ?
it sounds like soooo much fun !!!
What beautiful, yet sad, photographs these are. How has such neglect happened that the stones are so overgrown? Is there no family, or parish, left to be concerned?
And what a great weekend you have planned too! Happy Ghouls-Night Out to you!
Spooktacular indeedy! ;<) What a great post.
Awwwwooooo....and hugs, G
hELLO pATTi,
i DID A LONG cOMMENT, bUT i gUESS i FORGOT TO pRESS eNTER....
i bELIEVE i HAVE bEEN to tHIS PLACE aS wELL. i WENt LASt YEAR wHEN i HAD FIrST mOvED hERE.
iT is sad, BUT tRULY sCARy AnD beautiful at the same time.
We got SpooKed While theRE, but Not by the Spirits that inHabit, but By all thE MosQuitoes that attaCked all Of Our Body.
HaVe A Great Week...... Do e-Mail me And Tell Me hOw you Enjoyed Paranormal Acitivity.
I love your pics ........interesting relation to elusion!
..
Those playing spirits
are harder to photograph
than lightening strikes.
..
I enjoyed the read and also all the wonderful photos.
Have a fun-filled halloween:)
the photographs look eerie eh...:)
and your planned Halloween party with your girlfriends? that's great. i missed having one now coz back in college i have american friends who invite us to a slumber party, Halloween of sorts...:)
enjoy it, it's a great time to unwind too...:)
I don't know if the joke on me, but I believe in spirits, because there is spirit in everything. I enjoyed the photos, but the link didn't work for me.
I think the joke really is on us!
What SpOOky Fun!!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your ghoulfriend get away!
Fall Blessings my friend!
what a fun sounding get together. we don't really have any Halloween traditions but I want to say how much I love your pictures from the cemetery. the second one with a path looks especially elusive. thank you for the sharing.
Beautiful photos! Wow, what fun it must be to hang out with all your friends for the weekend! Looking forward to reading all about it!
What a wonderful fun time you must have with your friends. I just had my 3 rd annual grandchildren and children halloween party at our place. This year they told me was the best so far.
your poem along with photos is wonderful for this prompt and this time of year! How fun. I hope you had a great time with your friends.
Oooh, Patti how was the get together? Dying to know. No pun intended. Those are great photos. Wow, those headstones are SO OLD. Haunting. I love the picture of the long road.
You take such amazing pictures! These totally reminded me of "Pet Semetary"......do you remember that movie?
Have a fabulous week Patti!
p.s. (giveaway going on....come see!)
wonderful! ..
Oh, I do love creepiness and cemeteries and falling down monuments. Wish I could join you for a similar party. Wouldn't that be fun?
That does look like a spooky place. Bet you don't go there at night.
Cute poem.
Hope you have fun with your get together. For my friends and I, we don't usually have this tradition of getting together for Halloween.
Lovely images. Sounds fun, the get together
You make me want to be there!
Hooooo, it does look like a singular place to hang out on the 31st. Fun verse!
Post a Comment