Last weekend was my final trip to Michigan before our place was closed up this weekend. I went by myself and had the most wonderful time. I hung out with some friends in St Joseph, sat on the beach at Lake Michigan and read for awhile, went shopping, watched movies, cross stitched and also spent time on the beach at our lake as well as driving around taking pictures of the beautiful autumn countryside. The weather in the midwest has been glorious- 65- 81 degrees and sunny for about 2 weeks now; absolutely perfect!
The prompt at OSI this week is "champion." Here is my tanka for that prompt.
The prompt at OSI this week is "champion." Here is my tanka for that prompt.
strung like golden pearls
fall proudly wears this medal
gilded golden days
leaf showers rain from above
my world turns multi-colored
17 comments:
Patti
I love your post and your pictures are great!
Sounds like you had a great time! Isn't Fall a great time of the year? Your pictures are absolutely wonderful!
Patti ~ How I loved your poem and your photos go with it so beautifully! Blessings ~ Katie
What a wonderful post! I loved the pictures!
sombre sobriquets
As as beautiful as the pictures..words coming straight from the heart.. well done, Patti..
a gorgeous multi-colored world -- thanks for sharing!!!
Oh wow...beautiful words and photos! Absolutely gorgeous.
Autumn is so amazing and breathtaking. You've captured some great photos. Thanks for sharing this lovely trip.
Your tanka is nice, Patti. I like the multi-colored pictures too. I'd say oranges and yellows are dominant.
..
Oh yes, you have been having Texas weather. I'm coming to Iowa next week and it won't get out of the sixties.
And I don't have an OSI this week. My busyness has finally caught up with my blogging.
..
Enjoyed your poem and the pictures are stunning. Loved it!!
love the nature images.
festive post.
Oh Patti, you make me long for the midwest, esp. Lake MI one of the most beautiful places on this green earth....I think I told you before that we vacationed for 2 wks. every summer on Lake MI when the children were growing... your post made me feel like I was back there again.... I hope you are better than well! XO Keke
such a wonderful tribute to the season, a lovely poem. I am glad you had a nice time.
As for your questions: I have always done one sort of art or another. But drawing I began in March with a couple of drawing lessons from a girlfriend. Then I signed up for Suzi Blu's art on line. Fun! It is quite fun to learn something new, it makes me feel that I can learn anything if I get lessons and make the time.
and Yes, Spirithelpers my photography business is alive and thriving. Thank you!
wow Patti...awesome photos my dear, you're a champion photographer, how I wish i have those kinds of nature to shoot in our place...? all i could do are flowers and not much beauty around me... ;-)
looks heavenly, lucky you!!!
www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com
www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com
Patti,
Such a beautiful blog. Your pictures made me want to get in the car and head to Michigan. How can you bear not being there until spring???
Linda C.
It sure does. So beautifully adorned. You capture it perfectly in words and images.
Post a Comment